Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with ReScan after installation
Problem with ReScan after installation
I do not have my S9 machine yet, but will soon, so I downloaded the ReScan Sofware both the Version 3.16 and the new 4.1.
I have Windows XP with SP3 on my desktop but also have Windows 7 on my Laptop.
I installed the 3.16 first on the XP desktop machine and the istallaton went fine, no error message, got the icon on my desktop but when I double clicked it to start the program a message popped up in a small window with a red dot and an X in it and said "Pure Virtual Function Called" and the program did not start.
I did not install any drivers as it was not recommended.
I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it again but having the same problem. Then uninstalled it and installed the V 4.1 but also had the same problem, getting the same message and can not open the applicaton.
Please anybody can help me what in the world problem a have. I have installed many big programs and never had any problems in any of my computers ever.
If anybody has any idea I would certainly appreciate it.
You can reply to this thread or send me an Email to [email removed]
Thank you for your help in advance,
Julius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with ReScan after installation. (Moved to Main Forum)
I cannot answer your question but I removed your email address from the post. Because of the high membership on this forum, we are regular viewed by bots and scammers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I Googled that error message and the results were way over my head. It is a stack error related to C++.

Did you only try to install it on the XP machine?

Did you download it again and install from the new copy?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2012, 10:56 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I Googled that error message and the results were way over my head. It is a stack error related to C++.

Did you only try to install it on the XP machine?

Did you download it again and install from the new copy?

Hi Paula,
Thank you for your response, yes I tried to install it only on my Desktop XP machine. And yes I downloaded it twice. I do not even want to try it on my Laptop with Windows 7 and screw it up.
I can not figure out what is going on since I tried both the 3.6 and 4.1 versions and had the same problem with both.
Post Reply Post Reply
you can use SleepyHead with the S9
make sure the S9 is an AutoSet or Elite ... Not Escape or Escape Auto
if paying out of pocket ... the online price difference between AutoSet and Elite less than $50
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2012, 02:21 AM)zonk Wrote: you can use SleepyHead with the S9
make sure the S9 is an AutoSet or Elite ... Not Escape or Escape Auto
if paying out of pocket ... the online price difference between AutoSet and Elite less than $50

It seems this will be my only option on my desktop PC, which is not bad I have been using SleepyHead for quite a while and like it real well.
BTW I am definitely planning to purchase the S9 Autoset with the climate control option. Just have to wait a bit since it does not fit into my this month's budget.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Julius and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you on figuring out the problem with your software instalation.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2012, 07:12 PM)Julius Wrote: BTW I am definitely planning to purchase the S9 Autoset with the climate control option. Just have to wait a bit since it does not fit into my this month's budget.
check Supplier #2
New Factory Sealed S9 Autoset with humidifier, both slim line and climate line included $749.00
also they have gently used machines about $200 less for the same S9 package
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks for the tip Zonk, this is far the best price I have seen anywhere, saves me a quite a bit of money.
BTW I istalled the ReScan 4.1 on my Laptop with Windows 7 and no problem whatsoever, works fine. Go figure!
I even tried to deactivate the Virus software and disabled everything in the Start Up menu in my Desktop with Windows XP SP3 and had the same problem after the installation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I thought that would be the case. With it being a C+++ error, it was something basic to the OS vs conflict or out of date driver.

I am in the process of buying an Autoset from Supplier #2. I saved a few bucks by only getting the machine part and not with a humidifier. I already have the S9 Escape so I can use the humidifier from that.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,585 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,354 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,477 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 394 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.