Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] System One and Swift FX
System One and Swift FX
Anyone know what "resistance" pressure I need to use with my Philips System One when using a Resmed Swift FX medium mask? I would think it would be either X2 or X3. Anyone have any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One and Swift FX
(02-27-2012, 08:09 PM)1.41 Wrote: Anyone know what "resistance" pressure I need to use with my Philips System One when using a Resmed Swift FX medium mask? I would think it would be either X2 or X3. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hi 1.41, welcome to the new forum!

This is just my own opinion based upon other similar masks, and looking at this PDF document from the Philips-Respironics web site, but I would think X2 would be the correct setting.

You can always call the toll-free Respironics Customer Service at 1-800-345-6443 and they are usually very helpful on stuff like this.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Here's an interesting graphic explaining Resistance Pressure:

[Image: systemoneresistancecontrolgraph.gif]

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have the same setup that I have, I was told by ResMed and Respironics to use the 2x setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
If not mistaken for non Respironics masks is zero (0) .
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your help, I'm grateful. I know that Philips generally says that for non-Philips masks just to turn it to "0" but I think that I'll try X2 to start with and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One with EasyLife Mask
Respironics "Instructions for Use" booklet that came with my mask gives the pressure setting of this type nasal mask as X1.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I under stand it right, setting the resistance does not do anything unless you are using the A-FLEX
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2012, 07:43 PM)The Dreamer Wrote: If I under stand it right, setting the resistance does not do anything unless you are using the A-FLEX

My understanding is that it is a system designed to ensure proper pressure with the use of any of the Flex technologies. And so, C Flex, C Flex Plus and A Flex would all be relevant. It happens that I haven't used C Flex for the last few weeks and I find I'm just fine without it, but I intend to try it again as an experiment and see if it has any effect on my numbers. In any event, I see no reason to not set the resistance control on the machine now that I know the setting to use, even though it appears to be intended to relate to the flex technologies.

Here's what Philips says:

System One Resistance Control achieves complete system comfort by enabling the device and mask to work optimally together. Through simple settings, the technology instructs the device to compensate for variable resistance characteristics related to different masks. The result is synchronous pressure delivery and the assurance patients can enjoy the full benefits of our Flex comfort technologies no matter which Philips Respironics mask is used.
(03-06-2012, 11:59 PM)bhuvnesh50 Wrote: RE: System One with EasyLife Mask
Respironics "Instructions for Use" booklet that came with my mask gives the pressure setting of this type nasal mask as X1.

Thanks, I too think that the right answer for that type of nasal mask is X1. I use X1 on my Resmed Mirage FX and am now using X2 on my Resmed Swift FX (when I use it).

As an aside, Philips confirmed that X1 is the setting to use with the Mirage FX.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,033 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,149 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,518 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.