Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed silicone cushions
Resmed silicone cushions
Hello:

Is anyone aware of an "aftermarket" supplier that makes and sells CPAP cushions? It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous. I was hoping that there is an option similiar to purchasing aftermarket car parts considerably less that the auto manufacturers outrageous prices.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed silicone cushions
(01-01-2013, 09:02 PM)thymes1@aol.com Wrote: Is anyone aware of an "aftermarket" supplier that makes and sells CPAP cushions? It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous. I was hoping that there is an option similiar to purchasing aftermarket car parts considerably less that the auto manufacturers outrageous prices.

See the Supplier List (link at the top of the page on Apnea Board). They have the lowest prices on new materials and supplies. But also check out Craigslist and eBay. I have gotten mask parts for less than half the cost of new on eBay.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2013, 09:02 PM)thymes1@aol.com Wrote: It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous.
here the cost twice as much. now I get cushions and other parts via Supplier #10
normally full face mask cushions are the most expensive ... nasal pillows cushions are the cheapest

Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to try boiling your mask cushion with baking soda. First, clean it with soapy water. Then, heat some fresh water to boiling, add a teaspoon of baking soda, drop in the mask cushion, and let it sit until the water cools. It will come out slimy with skin oil, so clean it with soapy water again.

Do this whenever it becomes leaky or gross, typically about once a month. I've heard that you can do this about 4 or 5 times, but I haven't got there yet. You will want to keep up with the regular cleaning. I have been using the same mask cushion since last May, except for three weeks when I was trying other masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2013, 09:59 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 09:02 PM)thymes1@aol.com Wrote: It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous.
here the cost twice as much. now I get cushions and other parts via Supplier #10
normally full face mask cushions are the most expensive ... nasal pillows cushions are the cheapest
Almost all of the major internet retailers carry cpap supplies that are much cheaper than going to your DME. Sometimes your DME's website is cheaper than your DME. Go figure.Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a new Quattro Fx silicone cushion from a well-known online retailer for $44.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the cheapest Mirage Quattro silicone cushion on [link removed] for $40.00. I researched almost the entire list of suppliers and most of them want $54.00 for the cushion. I found that [link removed] wanted $51.00. Most of the suppliers want $32.00 for the SlimLine Tubing but found it cheaper at [link removed] and [link removed]. Amazon wanted $14.98 for the tubing and 1800Cpap wanted $12.95. It's amazing how big a price difference can be between the suppliers.

When referring someone to a supplier, please either say "Google x" or say "Supplier #x from the supplier list". In this case, you could have just said "Amazon" and "Supplier #10". Please also take the time to re-read the rules. - Moderator

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Quattro Pro: Silicon "Cushion" on eBay about $20 each, brand new and sealed. Shop early as they come and go.... You are buying new stock from a bankruptcy or damaged container, etc. I had one arrive in bad shape (i.e. seal on bag broken) and the vendor replaced it immediately. I wound up buying about ten of them from him as I rotate through 4 or 5 masks during the month and wash and disinfect as I please with odourless soap and a paintbrush; then soak in Control III disinfectant for 1/2 hour, then toss into hot soapy water again for a half hour, then rinse. Sounds like a lot of work but it is really not at all. After a bout of bacterial pneumonia I don't take any chances; it almost cost me my life. Having said that, I often let the masks get so gunky they are repulsive Then I wash them all, the hoses and the tanks.

Anyway, I digress. Check out eBay. I have done very well on there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2013, 09:01 AM)AuntElizabeth Wrote: I found the cheapest Mirage Quattro silicone cushion on [link removed] for $40.00. I researched almost the entire list of suppliers and most of them want $54.00 for the cushion. I found that [link removed] wanted $51.00. Most of the suppliers want $32.00 for the SlimLine Tubing but found it cheaper at [link removed] and [link removed]. Amazon wanted $14.98 for the tubing and 1800Cpap wanted $12.95. It's amazing how big a price difference can be between the suppliers.

When referring someone to a supplier, please either say "Google x" or say "Supplier #x from the supplier list". In this case, you could have just said "Amazon" and "Supplier #10". Please also take the time to re-read the rules. - Moderator

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Please pardon me. Don't want to break rules. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 917 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 715 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirFit F30 Cushions websterling 4 594 02-15-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 673 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto
  Cushions on ResMed AirTouch N20 NainJo 2 910 01-28-2023, 11:09 PM
Last Post: NainJo
  Cheapest place to buy mask cushions (in U.S.)? newmar 4 721 12-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Last Post: newmar
  AirFit F20 Cushions Sleepless in Dewberry 5 670 12-09-2022, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.