Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] mask wipes
RE: mask wipes
I only use a mask wipe if I'm really pressed for time. I main use the ResMed Quattro FX full face mask and mainly remove the cushion. Fill my bath sink about 1/4 way with a squirt of Dawn.  I rub it around to remove face oils and leave it aosking in the sink whiile I take a shower then take it out, rinse it off and set it on a towel to dry.  When I get homw I put it back on and I'm ready for the night.  One thing I got into the habit was washing my face with soap and water bfore putting on the mask.  I get a new cushion (per insurance) once a month.  I can easily make a cushion last 2-3 months if I am diligent in cleaning.  When I remove the cushion in the AM it is a hazy color due to facial oils but after cleaning it, it returns to its cear color again. I use the Citru CPAP Mask wipes and I can cut one in have to wipe down the plastic interface and a can of wipes lasts many months.  I've tried baby wipes but it doesn't seem to remove the facila oils as good as A. soap and water or B. A half of a Citrus wipe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure I would use your sink if I was you...there are likely tons of bacteria on there due to all the saliva and hand washing no matter how often you clean it. I use a completely separate small bucket to do my weekly cleaning of everything but when I clean the nose piece in the mornings I just hold it in my hands and rinse under the tap using a good amount of hand soap in the process but I never let it touch the sink.
Post Reply Post Reply
I take the mask in the shower with me and wash it with a drop of dish soap. I have some hanging racks in & out of my shower, so I hang the cushions, etc. on those.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,215 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting 1kworthy 15 2,148 12-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Questions Therapy Thread/Mask Leaks/Wipes newguy99 3 742 05-10-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Are Wipes Containing cetylpyridinium chloride OK to Use? anderson5420 9 1,069 05-08-2021, 03:35 AM
Last Post: newguy99
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.