Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP is driving me nuts!
RE: CPAP is driving me nuts!!!!!
(02-06-2013, 10:04 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: You say you are using the humidifier, how high are you using it? Too much can be just as bad as too little.

Yes, I think too high of a heat setting can be bad for dry mouth because it can cause all the water to be used up, which can cause worse dry mouth than if the water were cooler and not all used up.

Large leaks can also cause the humidifier to use up water very fast. Even if not all the water is used up, large leaks can cause the humidifier to not work as well, causing lower humidity.

Some folks have reported good results eliminating leaks by using a mask liner. I have good results eliminating leaks by using a ResMed Gecko Nasal pad.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,639 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  Mask driving me crazy phoebesalva 8 516 01-08-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
Question [CPAP] Help with Flow Limits driving pressure Nathan Graves 2 567 06-04-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: fishfinderG
  Terrible Velcro On Philips Nuance Gel Pillow Mask Driving Me Nuts hyphicti 0 625 10-23-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: hyphicti
  mouth leak driving me nuts Palmtrees 7 1,887 06-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Palmtrees
Gross [Symptoms] Early morning waking a few nights a week driving me crazy 90day 1 965 04-16-2020, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Test Driving new masks? arpeggioh 6 1,008 01-31-2020, 05:46 AM
Last Post: braindead

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.