Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed Escape Auto or Used Resmed S9 autoset
RE: New Resmed Escape Auto or Used Resmed S9 autoset
I appreciate everyone's input, I will be getting the S9 AutoSet.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a while since you started this thread oljim2112. Are you happy with your purchase? The price was really fair.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is another strong vote for the Autoset. Your ongoing recorded breathing data on the accompanying SD card and access to that data is VERY important. The S9 Autoset (which I am using for over a year now) has those features. The other unit does not from what I have read before.

In addition to your sleep doc accessing your breathing data, get yourself ResScan software (free at some online sites this forum should be able to locate) for your computer. (You can also use free SleepyHead software. I use both even though they are mostly duplicative.) If your pc has an SD card reader on it (most do these days), then you too will be able to see your data in graphical and in statistical formats. If not, you can purchase such a card reader at roughly $20, maybe less.

Later when you can, buy another cheap Autoset as a backup or find out where you might rent one in a pinch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2013, 11:26 AM)zimlich Wrote: It's been a while since you started this thread oljim2112. Are you happy with your purchase? The price was really fair.

I'm happy with the Autoset, just trying different masks to see which one I like the best. So far it's been the Fisher & Paykel Opus™ 360 CPAP Nasal Pillow Mask next one that I will probably try will be the Aloha pillow mask. As far as the price, I traded my Canon EOS xti digital camera with zoom lens for the autoset. The new Escape was only going to be $200. I have seen a new S9 autoset for $750 if anyone is interested in it, send me a message and I'll see if he still has it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I wouldn't use a cushion or a hose that someone else used. I would invest in your own mask, cushion, filters, headgear, chamber, hose. Just my opinion. To me, it seems like buying someone else's used underwear!! yuk!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,967 1 minute ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 88 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 341 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 85 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 71 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 179 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.