Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher & Paykel Icon Premo (comments?)
Question 
Fisher & Paykel Icon Premo (comments?)
The day with ProResp didn't go as well as planned. The resp therapist there was even more condescending than the one I usually dealt with.
She insisted that an S9 AutoSet was $7,000 and later changed that to $1,500, She kept insisting I didn't "need" it despite what was on the prescription and she tried dumping the above mentioned F&P Icon Premo on me.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Can I get feedback from someone?
While the clinician menu was tricky to enter I did it.
But where do I stick an SD card? I heard from somewhere it is not compatible with SleepyHead. What can I use, if anything?

I want to keep tabs on how I'm sleeping, pressure changes etc.
Obviously if I can't hook this bugger up to any software that would be difficult. So I'm borrowing this and I have to (get to?) send this one back eventually. But any insight would be helpful.

I was told that if I purchased an S9 outright I would not get reimbursed. I feel this woman was trying to make a sale, a profit.
But I want insight - what can anyone say about this machine?
The Icon Premo, not the ResMed S9. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher & Paykel Icon Premo (comments?)
Call some other DME's and find out if you can get the S9 from them. Then call this creep back and tell her that if she doesn't give you what you want you'll switch to another DME. Tell her you want the issue "escalated" and you want to talk to her supervisor.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 04:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Call some other DME's and find out if you can get the S9 from them. Then call this creep back and tell her that if she doesn't give you what you want you'll switch to another DME. Tell her you want the issue "escalated" and you want to talk to her supervisor.

But you are not recommending this other machine she dumped on me.
Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct. I am not. The only machines I recommend are the subset of the PRS1 and ResMed machines that are fully data-capable .

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 04:32 PM)Ugly Wrote: She kept insisting I didn't "need" it despite what was on the prescription and she tried dumping the above mentioned F&P Icon Premo on me.

In the main forum you,ll get more feedback

the Icon Premo is not an APAP but data capable machine so in this regard is one step better than S9 Escape but not as good as S9 Elite
http://www.fphcare.com.au/products/fp-icon-premo/

Supplier #26 have InfoSmart software for $89. I've seen reports of SleepyHead supports of the Icon

Icon setup video: http://vimeo.com/20560260

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 06:22 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 04:32 PM)Ugly Wrote: She kept insisting I didn't "need" it despite what was on the prescription and she tried dumping the above mentioned F&P Icon Premo on me.

In the main forum you,ll get more feedback

I was unsure of which forum to use.

Quote:the Icon Premo is not an APAP but data capable machine so in this regard is one step better than S9 Escape but not as good as S9 Elite

She kept tooting her horn on how it is an APAP and comparable to an AutoSet and of course insisted that she's so much smarter than me in that regard. Actually she said how she went to school to get to where she's at and therefore knows better. I felt all she did was talk down to me.

Quote:Supplier #26 have InfoSmart software for $89. I've seen reports of SleepyHead supports of the Icon

But I'm trying to figure out does it take an SD card and if so where do I stick it? Or do I have to tell HER where to stick it?
Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I was unsure of which forum to use.

The Review area is for reviews. As in "I used x doodad and thought it was super keen and groovy. Here's why."

The Main area is for "Has anyone used x doodad?"

I moved this thread to the Main forum so it can get the attention it deserves.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing as this IS Canada we are talking about, there is a Department for everything and you can take this person to the Department of Health and Welfare in your Province and register a complaint - she cannot dump the machine on you and you can refuse it and insist on the correct machine to match your Rx. I suggest that you take it back, after getting the name of a contact person at the DHW, and tell her that you either get the machine you want and that fits the Rx and that it will be paid by insurance or you will report her. And then report her anyway.

Condescending little shite. Can't stand that..... I know that the Canadian health system, and even in Ontario with its weird two level system and broken and overworked medicare it works better than that - that is someone taking advantage of you and probably getting a kick back, not surprising given how corrupt some med help people are in Ontario. And there are lots of them in Ontario who are....
Post Reply Post Reply
Shes running a crooked operation.
$7,000 for an S9 Autoset??? Must the the solid gold edition..

As for her schooling, the world is full of educated morons.
I bet she doesn't even know what a Doppler Sublimated Magneto is.
Smile
I agree it is time to change to another DME.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Please tell use you didn't accept the Icon Premo. Isn't being screwed with an S9 Escape bad enough?

(03-01-2013, 06:22 PM)zonk Wrote: the Icon Premo is not an APAP but data capable machine so in this regard is one step better than S9 Escape but not as good as S9 Elite
http://www.fphcare.com.au/products/fp-icon-premo/

Supplier #26 have InfoSmart software for $89. I've seen reports of SleepyHead supports of the Icon

Icon setup video: http://vimeo.com/20560260

There's no airflow waveform recording on the Icon machines. I wouldn't classify it as fully data capable.

Sleephead doesn't support icon yet according to sourceforge.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,582 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,049 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,425 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 935 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,652 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 732 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 402 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.