Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nasal pain
nasal pain
Hi everyone. First Post. I have been using CPAP for a little over a year. I struggle to continue with it mainly due to pain in my nasal passages causing terrible headaches. So, I usually wake up feeling like hell even though I have got some sleep where before there was none. Surgery has been ruled out. I wonder if anyone out there has any interesting ideas on this?

Thankyou.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nasal pain
Hi albertasaurus and welcome
It,s not uncommon issue with nasal pillows, Some use Lansinoh HPA cream just a dab on Q tip inside each nostril. Also Sinus Rinse and NeilMed NasoGel drip free Gel Spray would help.
HeadGear posted a review in the "product review forum":
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

If the humidity setting is high turn it down see if it help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome albertasaurus Welcome

There has been a similar thread with some suggestions on how to alleviate the nasal soreness. Click here to read it. BonesX in post #14 of the thread has good advice on how to fit your nasal pillows to reduce the soreness. The creme that Zonk recommends should also help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you said that surgery has been ruled out, I can assume that you have seen an ENT to investigate those issues. Other then that, I can offer that, just maybe, a full face mask might help, although the pressure dosen't change, some folks take the ffm air a bit better, IF it is a pressure problem.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou for your thoughts. I guess I wasn't clear. The pain issues are deep in the nasal passages. I guess this means along the turbinates and the septum. The nasal pillows themselves are well tolerated. Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use a nasal pillow so I can't tell you what will help. Hopefully one of our more experienced members will be able to tell you if this is pain is temporary when you start using nasal pillows and how you can get rid of the pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 01:00 AM)albertasaurus Wrote: Surgery has been ruled out.
Have you gotten a second opinion from a good ENT surgeon? Do you have recurring or chronic sinusitus? Have you taken antibioitics to try to relieve sinusitus?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 341 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.