Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] "Service Required" PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto
RE: "Service Required" PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto
(03-14-2013, 09:55 PM)fkimura Wrote: I already did that and the maintenance guy told the voltage is OK in my room. I also tried other wall socket, but it had the same effect.

But if you're using the same power brick for both machines, it could very well be the power brick. In fact, don't the models with the heated hose require a different power brick?

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2013, 11:18 PM)Sleepster Wrote: In fact, don't the models with the heated hose require a different power brick?
Check the power cord
The heated hose humidifier require 80 watt power cord and don,t work with 60 watt power cord
60 watt power cord works only with the basic humidifier

The machine works with either humidifier as long as the right power cord selected
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have two humidifiers?

Try it without the humidifier.

Do you have a heated hose? Try without the heated hose.

Will it give you the error message if you turn it off after running for just a few minutes?

If the power supply is sitting on something soft, like carpet, set it on a hard surface like a tabletop where there's plenty of airflow.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone, thanks for the help. It was indeed the power brick.
The 1st machine gave this error, then I bought a 2nd one, but used the 1st power brick, and the 2nd machine gave the same message.
Then I tried the 2nd power brick with both machines, and voila! Both machines worked fine!
The only "problem" now is that I am stuck with 1 machine and 1 broken power brick, and no way to buy another power brick here in Brazil, but at least I have a working CPAP machine!
Thanks for the help, everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got a workable solution, fkimura!

Good luck!

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2013, 11:17 AM)fkimura Wrote: The only "problem" now is that I am stuck with 1 machine and 1 broken power brick, and no way to buy another power brick here in Brazil, but at least I have a working CPAP machine!

Well, having a working CPAP machine is a distinct advantage. Bigwink

Look closely at the two power bricks and see if the "broken" one is smaller in size, or has a lower wattage rating. If it does you can probably still use it as long as you don't have the hose heater and humidifier cranked up.

What's the voltage there in Brazil? Is it 230 V like they have in Europe or 115 V like we have in North America?

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did look when I was in USA, and they are both the same, 80w. They have the same part number #1091399.
The voltage here is pretty much the same as USA, 110V, and both bricks support 100-240V, 50/60Hz. I think the 1st power brick is really broken somehow, although it works for 6 hours without a problem, it's after 6h to 7h that the problem appears.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2013, 08:33 AM)fkimura Wrote: I did look when I was in USA, and they are both the same, 80w. They have the same part number #1091399.
The voltage here is pretty much the same as USA, 110V, and both bricks support 100-240V, 50/60Hz. I think the 1st power brick is really broken somehow, although it works for 6 hours without a problem, it's after 6h to 7h that the problem appears.

It's probably heat related, most likely a bad capacitor, but it could also be a flaky connection somewhere. If you can figure out a way to keep it cold that would be a good test for my theory.

If my theory is right it is probably repairable locally, and for less than a new one would cost, especially considering the distance. I have an electronics geek friend who I swear was born with a soldering iron attached. His house has shelves full of electronic components so he can usually replace something that has failed. Bad capacitors are usually obvious because the appearance changes. Maybe you could find someone like him locally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try and give Respironics a call, maybe they'll exchange it for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 07:01 PM)givememoresleep Wrote: Try and give Respironics a call, maybe they'll exchange it for you.

That should be easy if I was in USA...
Thanks anyway!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,036 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.