Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyne-Stokes Breathing Pattern ??
RE: Cheyne-Stokes Breathing Pattern ??
Me, wilorg, under a new handle (too much to explain, but for the next few weeks positng on the forum I will preface any psots with this). I can't emphasise enough the need to remain calm when confronted with medical jargon. Everything, when looked up seems alarming (and we even have something called medical student's syndrome where they basically suffer from "everything" they encounter in their studies).

First thing to do is look at the data and understand where these incidents are happening. If you have a sO2sat finger device, what we call an oxymeter (there are variant spellings according to country), marry the data to the cPAP data and see if there really is a major desaturation for any length of time.

If there are strong correlations, then bring them to your doctor - they will be able to assess if there is reasonable risk that you are suffering from potentially fatal CSR or if it another form of long chain breathing that is not harmful. 9 chances out of 10 it is simply your brain looking for a correct breathing pattern in the downward spiral to sleep or the waking phase, or a form of OSA that is being interpreted as PB or CSR. So relax, take a deep breath, and examine the data. Only then can you make an informed decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne-Stokes Breathing Pattern ??
Thanks guys
I don't get a lot of them.
I could post some screen shots later for you to look at.

I will do that later today if I can
Thanks again
Dan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,572 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 296 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 358 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 265 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 357 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 93 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 199 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.