Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP mask and Oral Device
RE: CPAP mask and Oral Device
(03-16-2013, 03:17 PM)u2canbuild Wrote: What would you suggest for my central events?Huh

I've discussed this with others in the past and it seems unanimous that this mouthpiece won't do diddly squat for CSA. Therefore all the hoopla about it being an alternative to "the mask" is highly over rated since it only seems to apply to OSA episodes. That's why it's not worth my bother.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 09:43 PM)u2canbuild Wrote: I do not know what a CA index is.

When I first started with the BIPAP I had centra events / obstructive events 50% / 50% and lately 70% / 30% .............. uh, must be due to my increasing the pressure from 6/9 and lastly up to 12.8/12.8Huh

CA = central apnea index
OA = obstructive apnea index

AHI = CA + OA + hypopnea index

Quote:A couple of questions still nag me, Last week another DME wanted me to reduce my pressure down to 6/8 because that is what my first sleep study indicated.

I agree. Set it there and leave it there for at least two weeks. Then look at the AHI, the CA, and OA.

If adjustments are needed they're done based on those numbers.

A lot of people change their pressure for the wrong reasons, and they change it too often.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2013, 08:02 PM)Sleepster Wrote: AHI = CA + OA + hypopnea index

Then look at the AHI, the CA, and OA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all my reading, I get the impression that the S9 AutoSet will only give you the AHI, and if you want the AI/HI you need ResScan or SleepyHead. Yes? No?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2013, 09:19 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 08:02 PM)Sleepster Wrote: CA + OA + hypopnea index

Got it, thanks ........ it was the acronym that stumped meOh-jeez

Yes, Sleepyhead software breaks down the Events into a easy to read Pie chart that shows percentages of Hyponea, Aapnea, Obstructive and Clear Airway eventsCool

I do not know how the sofware decides this from the data from my ResMed S 9................ But its great.......... if the pie chart is accurate.....

Thanks,

Eric2

Then look at the AHI, the CA, and OA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all my reading, I get the impression that the S9 AutoSet will only give you the AHI, and if you want the AI/HI you need ResScan or SleepyHead. Yes? No?

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2013, 09:19 PM)Ugly Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all my reading, I get the impression that the S9 AutoSet will only give you the AHI, and if you want the AI/HI you need ResScan or SleepyHead. Yes? No?

I thought I had answered this for you in another thread.

On the main screen, yes, all you see is hours used and the AHI. If you press and hold the two silver buttons for a few seconds, the screen will blink. The first tab is the same as you see regularly. Turn the knob once and you will see the sleep quality report. In that, you can see leak, pressure, AHI, AI, and CI. You can tap the knob to enter the menu. You can select the time frame (turns orange) but tapping the knob again. By turning the knob, you can select a different time frame (1 day, 1 week, 3 weeks, etc). Tap the knob to confirm and the screen will then display the data for that time frame.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ucanbuild, check out these pages:

sleep apnea acronyms/abbreviations: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
forum acronyms/abbreviations: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Also, when quoting someone's message, you have to put your text outside the quote. It is also not necessary to quote the entire post or to do it at all.

Code:
[quote] <--beginning of the quoted message. if it is a quote of a quote, there will be more than one.

this is the end of the quoted text. note the / mark. -->[/quote]
Put your text after that last quote tag.

For further info, check out: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ing-a-Post
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 05:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 09:19 PM)Ugly Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all my reading, I get the impression that the S9 AutoSet will only give you the AHI, and if you want the AI/HI you need ResScan or SleepyHead. Yes? No?

I thought I had answered this for you in another thread.

I admit I probably asked more than once hoping somewhere it would get answered because it not only confused me but I still regard it as important to know. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='PaulaO2' ]
Ucanbuild, check out these pages:

Thanks!Thanks

I remember........... or I think I remember the days when I took a slide rule to school and work................ This new Technology is absolutely great, Imagine what another generation or two will bring:grin:

There are no problems............ only solutions!

Eric2/ u2canbuild
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 06:54 PM)Ugly Wrote: I admit I probably asked more than once hoping somewhere it would get answered because it not only confused me but I still regard it as important to know. Thanks.

You'll likely be using your computer to look at the data for the most part anyway. SleepyHead will show you the data in a number of different formats. You can see the breakdown of the AHI very easily and for any time period.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2013, 12:54 AM)Sleepster Wrote: You'll likely be using your computer to look at the data for the most part anyway. SleepyHead will show you the data in a number of different formats. You can see the breakdown of the AHI very easily and for any time period.

I'll try to approach the issue differently this time.
If they say the AutoSet didn't come in I'll get details in hopes to pick it up myself.

If they have it, tell them I have enough info, I'm coming to get it. I don't need the appointment.
\
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 975 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 827 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 366 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.