Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help, need encouragement!
RE: Help, need encouragement!!!
I never use ramp either.
:/
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help, need encouragement!!!
(03-19-2013, 02:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I no longer use the ramp feature. I kept messing with it, making it longer, shorter, everything in between and finally just turned it off. It took me just a few nights to get used to it. Now I find I can't breathe with it on! I've gotten so used to the high pressure, I feel smothered.

Me too. I hated the ramp, it made me feel smothered too. I just use my pressure right off. I often have to check to see if it is on cuz I can't feel the air and it is fairly high. like 12 or 14. There are so many masks etc, one should be right for you and the pressure too. Sounds very wrong to me. No flapping dog lips for you or anyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help, need encouragement!
You might try a chin strap to keep your mouth closed during the night. I have/had the same problem, I would wake up with my mouth cracked open and air rushing out.

Another suggestion, if you really can't adjust to it, is to get a bilevel (bipap) machine that has different inhale and exhale pressures. I couldn't stand the cpap, i.e. exhaling against a high pressure.

Mine runs at 13/8, with EPR on and throughout the night when I wake up can I can hardly tell I have the machine on, as it is so easy to breathe with it. But that could just be me getting used to it.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New and hoping for encouragement or advice lapsarian 6 692 08-30-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: lapsarian
  Confused and Need Encouragement pixelkitty 12 3,512 01-14-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: slowriter
  Just need encouragement MistRiver 14 2,131 11-02-2018, 01:44 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.