Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed's new SleepSeeker online software
RE: ResMed's new SleepSeeker online software
Yeah, based on their site info, that's what it felt like it would do. Useless.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 06:27 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: If you already have ResScan or Sleepy Head, this will look like a joke to you. AHI, Leak and Compliance; but none of the good stuff and the charts are not very good - no high res data. This looks remarkably similar to ZEOs MyZEO web site - only with AHI and Leak instead of Sleep Stages etc. It's more of an AHI, leak and compliance tracker; but isn't any good as an analytical tool like ResScan and Sleepy Head are.

As I suspected, even without getting to use it.
So for most of the people here it really serves no purpose I guess.
Because I've used a CPAP for 14 years prior to acquiring a ResMed model, the concept of "compliance" never came up and then again it sounds in many ways that it's relevant in the United States only.
I'll stick with the tried and true programs (while I'm using the "brick" it seems SleepyHead offers more detail than ResScan anyhow.)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. I am a bit wary of using online services for this sort of thing because one can't be sure of what they do with the data and who they sell it to.

(yes! Selling data!)

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience was much like Paula's. However, I never got the software to see the SD card. I could see the files via File Explorer but for whatever reason Windows-8 refused to execute the software.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 06:08 PM)britincanada Wrote: your anti virus will detect any .exe files and warn you not to install

turn off AV and install it if you know what it is

That's VERY bad advice. Even Norton and Microsoft Essentials will not flag something as bad just because it's an .exe file.

By the way, I checked the "wakeuptosleep.com" web site and it appears to be actually registered to ResMed, although sometimes that can be fake, too.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2013, 05:13 PM)archangle Wrote: By the way, I checked the "wakeuptosleep.com" web site and it appears to be actually registered to ResMed, although sometimes that can be fake, too.

Whois registration is ResMed... and ResMed is actually linking to the new patient site via their main web page (HERE where it says 'Join Community' in the flash top portion of that page), so it appears to be a legitmate ResMed site, plus a ResMed employee told me about the launch of the site it before it was made public.

But that still doesn't mean that I would completely trust the software... who knows why it's popping up on anti-virus radar... Dont-know

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Australian page does not shows SleepSeeker but have sleepVantage program

Do you use CPAP therapy? Join the sleepVantage program to access free information, support and expert advice.
http://www.resmed.com/au/index.html
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2013, 06:59 PM)zonk Wrote: Australian page does not shows SleepSeeker but have sleepVantage program

Do you use CPAP therapy? Join the sleepVantage program to access free information, support and expert advice.
http://www.resmed.com/au/index.html

Yep, interesting they call it something completely different on the Aussie website... but it looks like it's very similar to the SleepSeeker website that we see here in the U.S. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that Resprionics is coming out with a similar "patient" product that will also interface with Encoreanywhere called Sleepmapper. It is in beta and available to the general public. Supposed to be out in a month +.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 10:05 PM)PollCat Wrote: My experience was much like Paula's. However, I never got the software to see the SD card. I could see the files via File Explorer but for whatever reason Windows-8 refused to execute the software.

Try logging on as Administrator
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,126 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 346 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 587 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 819 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,083 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.