Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Filter Falls Out
RE: Air Filter Falls Out
I second the rubber band.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2013, 11:47 AM)Remo Wrote:
(03-25-2013, 07:31 PM)cbramsey Wrote: Are you referring to the white disposable filter or the gray "non-disposable" filter that goes over the white disposable filter?

Both. They both fall out onto the table, usually together.

Makes me wonder if your DME gave you the wrong filters??? Thinking-about

I have never experienced the issue you are describing and I have used my PR System One for 513 days.

I would third the rubber band around the machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2013, 04:55 PM)cbramsey Wrote: Makes me wonder if your DME gave you the wrong filters??? Thinking-about

I have never experienced the issue you are describing and I have used my PR System One for 513 days.

I would third the rubber band around the machine.

Or maybe the filter shrinks when I wash it?

I'm off to find the right sized rubber band...

Post Reply Post Reply
Both the disposable white filter and the gray foam filter fit snugly in mine. In fact, I have to trim the white filter a tad so that I can get it in there without it wrinkling.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 07:14 PM)Remo Wrote: Am I the only one who's air filter falls out when I exhale?

Well, that is a bit of an exageration. It only falls out when I cough, so far as I know, but apparently I may cough more often than I realize. Not every night, but maybe 3 or 4 nights each week I find the filter has fallen out over night.

I use a ResMed Mirage Quatro mask and PR System One "brick" with the foam filter that you just shove into the air intake and resistance is supposed to hold it in place. I thought about using some tape to hold it in, but I don't want to add too much air flow restriction.

Is this a common problem or am I just a heavy breather?

Wow, After doing a google search on this subject and finding nothing I remembered book marking this site about a year ago so here I am. I have the same mask as you and I'm having the same problem with the air filter blowing out of the Philips Respironics BiPAP Pro Bi-Flex unit and finding it on the floor in the morning. It just started doing this after more than a year of use. There's no guard for this filter setup. I don't believe it's a common problem because it never did this until recently. Maybe it's from coughing but I think the vent in the mask should handle that. I'd like to find out what the real problem is so if anyone else can chime in on this I'm listening. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the same machine and have never had that problem. Have you tried a new filter? Do you use a white filter behind the foam filter?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2013, 09:15 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I've got the same machine and have never had that problem. Have you tried a new filter? Do you use a white filter behind the foam filter?

That's why I'm here. I never had that problem either until now. I have replaced both filters in the pass couple months and in the proper order. I'll replace them again to see what develops. To me there seems to be some sort of back pressure malfuntion with the filters being blown out of the unit. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
The white filter has two sides, one is smooth and the other is fuzzy. The fuzzy side faces outward as that's the side that captures the dirt. I have to trim the side and top of mine to get them to fit as they are a bit over sized.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,179 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 909 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,804 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 817 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.