Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Admin Note] Registration Agreement and Rules Updates
Registration Agreement and Rules Updates
We have made some small updates to our Registration Agreement and Rules in order to further clarify Apnea Board policies. In addition, we have separated out the Legal Information from the main rules page, and simply provided a link to it within the Registration Agreement and Rules.

I encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the rules prior to posting on the forums.

These updates are effective immediately. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reply in this thread.

Thanks to our Master Members for helping with this! Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Registration Agreement and Rules Updates
(04-03-2013, 11:32 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: We have made some small updates to our Registration Agreement and Rules in order to further clarify Apnea Board policies.

Look what I found:

You agree that you will not hold Apnea Board or our staff liable for any problems, damages, physical harm (including death)

Okay I won't hold you liable if I die. That would be some trick.

But let's be serious for a moment. It would help if it were indicated what changes were made since I can gloss over fine print in a second if I don't know what I'm looking for - it will all look the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ugly Wrote:You agree that you will not hold Apnea Board or our staff liable for any problems, damages, physical harm (including death)

Okay I won't hold you liable if I die. That would be some trick.

That's for if a spouse or relative comes here to get help or advice for their loved one who is an OSA patient, then the patient dies and the relative sues the forum. Don't worry Sean, I trust that if you die, you won't be suing Apnea Board. Big Grin

(04-03-2013, 01:06 PM)Ugly Wrote: But let's be serious for a moment. It would help if it were indicated what changes were made since I can gloss over fine print in a second if I don't know what I'm looking for - it will all look the same.

No big changes this time around. Added a couple of words in the first sentence for clarity, plus moved the legalize to it's own page, with a new link to it within the rules.

That's about it.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ugly, when it is a specific rule change, or an addition to a rule, SS always posts it as a "sticky" and highlights the changed/added bits.

In this case, it is a simple re-wording.

It is always a good idea to re-read the rules every so often anyway.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2013, 02:01 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: That's for if a spouse or relative comes here to get help or advice for their loved one who is an OSA patient, then the patient dies and the relative sues the forum. Don't worry Sean, I trust that if you die, you won't be suing Apnea Board. Big Grin

I appreciate your faith in me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do we need to accept the conditions again?
( I expect not if the changes are not substantial - but I ask for completeness)
Post Reply Post Reply
I compared he new ones with a copy of the old ones I had. I like the changes.
Good work SS.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2013, 05:48 AM)Moriarty Wrote: Do we need to accept the conditions again?
( I expect not if the changes are not substantial - but I ask for completeness)

Actually, members implicitly accepted any and all updates/changes to the rules when they first signed up due to that part which said by registering, members will accept "any other rules or policies that the Administrator specifies". Then there's that part of our Legal Statement that says, "We reserve the right to change or amend these policies and statements. If we do so, any changes or updates will be posted on the Main Apnea Board Forum."

So there's no need for any action on the part of members-- everyone is free to continue participating here as long as they are willing to accept these rules. Coffee

No big deal and hardly anything was changed in this update - a couple of words were added in the first sentence, some formatting changes and the Legalese moved to it's own page and I think that's about it. Here's the updated version of the first sentence, with the two additional words bolded:

Quote:
By registering on Apnea Board you agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, disruptive, inappropriate, harassing, sexually oriented, vulgar, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy, or any other material which may violate any applicable laws.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Adding this phrase to the rules just for more clarification:

Quote:
Because of the proliferation of spammers, brand new members are prevented from posting links.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Rules clarification/addition SuperSleeper 1 466 01-24-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 927 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Admin Note] Rules addition - minimum age of members SuperSleeper 8 1,892 09-16-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 Voltage and auto updates fred987 3 537 08-25-2023, 11:12 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Question: New Machine - Registration Process with DME Aldebaran 8 1,183 03-25-2022, 09:10 AM
  Does anyone know how to read an Apria sales agreement? cathyf 1 1,088 03-20-2022, 03:09 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.