Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Remove the adapter power cord from the back of the machine, wait a couple of seconds, then plug it back in. The unit should power up.

Press the power on button, let the unit blow for a couple seconds, then press the power button again. The blower will shut off.

Press the farthermost button on the left (the "Ramp" button") and the left-arrow button right beside it, simultaneously, and hold them both down (around 5 seconds) until "P - 1" shows up on the display. This will indicate you are in the Setup Mode.

At this point, you will be allowed to cycle through the setup menu. As you depress either the left or right arrow key, you will land on several icons on the display that indicate which setting you can adjust. You want to get to the "cm H2O" icon. Depress either left or right until you reach that icon.

Press the power button once, and your pressure setting will blink. You may then use the left or right buttons to change your pressure setting.

When you are done, simply press "Ramp" and the left-arrow button simultaneously, and hold until "P - 0" flashes briefly. You are then back in the standard operating mode.

(This procedure has been written whilst I was working side-by-side with the machine. Sorry for the initial complexity, but I wanted to relay it in the most approachable way for everyone.)

I went to the homecare provider today, and brought my unit in for them to examine. While I was there, I managed to "eavesdrop" on the clinician's finger presses, and surreptitiously learned the key-press sequence required to access the Setup Menu.

Please, note that the left and right arrow keys stick. You must be SURE you are pressing the left-arrow key independently. I found this was easiest to achieve by using my index finger to depress the "Ramp" button, and my pointer finger to depress the leftmost edge of the left-arrow button.

I hope this helps others.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Thanks Greg!

I'm sure this will help quite a number of folks...

I'll copy your info onto our CPAP Clinician Manual & Setup Page at the next opportunity.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Is this deeper than the tech setting I get to by selecting Setup and holding the ramp button for 10 seconds?

On my new machine that is all I need do to get into it.

And simple use the exit screen to close it.

my system:

Machine: Respironics DS950HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics FitLife FFM
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: none yet
CPAP Software: SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 71 6 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,810 10 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,602 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,671 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,975 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.