Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hose - water in mask
Hose - water in mask
Ok, here is something I am wondering about. Since disconnecting the humidifier chamber back in January, I haven't had a single sinus attack - woo hoo!!! However, the past few nights I have been woken up by water dripping in my mask....is that even possible without actually having a water chamber connected? Might have to put a hose cover on. Am just using the standard hose now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose
Odd. Maybe you live in a higher humidity area, and it is being passed through the compression chamber. There isn't a lot of way s for condensation to happen without the humidifier. Check the hose itself - is it dry? Could this be breath condensation building up in your mask and pressure escapement (or air outlet or whatever your manufacturer calls it)?
Post Reply Post Reply
DocWils, yes very high humidity, which is essentially why I ditched the humidifier. Many weeks of playing with the settings up and down because of sinus problems and nothing worked...eventually by disconnecting it - my sinus probs cleared up. I do find it odd that this is happening!! Hose is dry....perhaps my nose is just running lololol!! Na, deffo water and cold water at that!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read people get rainout in the mask using nasal pillows even without using humidifier due to moisture in own exhaled air

[Image: PB020038-192x146.jpg]
PAD A CHEEK Swift FX Barrel Cozy

As you,re not using nasal pillows, mask liner may help absorb some of the moisture

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I would surmise then that the moisture is a combination of your own exhalation and the high local humidity - since the hose itself is dry, it doesn't qualify as rain-out, really, what you are getting is a local build-up that may be a sign (or not) that the mask isn't venting properly - check the vent(s) to be sure that everything is properly working, and if so, then you need to add, as Zonk said, a layer of some absorbent material around your cheek. A hose cover won't do anything, because the problem isn't the air coming down the hose but within the mask itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would get a de-humidifier going and get the house humidity down below 50%.
If you still have problems then, a heated hose should help.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
It is probably just your own breath fogging it up. I have the climateline and get no rainout in the hose but get moisture in the mask every night. I figure it's because my bedroom is colder than my breath.

Spring has finally sprung here so I will soon be turning the humidifier off and going with the "passover" method.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2013, 05:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It is probably just your own breath fogging it up. I have the climateline and get no rainout in the hose but get moisture in the mask every night. I figure it's because my bedroom is colder than my breath.

Spring has finally sprung here so I will soon be turning the humidifier off and going with the "passover" method.

Paula, what is the passover method? Admittidly, we are now heading towards winter and agreed, the air is cooler than my breath, however, I am extremely reluctant to put the water chamber back on to heat the hose as even on the lowest humidity setting I was getting headaches. I'm going home tonight where the water chamber is, so perhaps I will have another play with it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2013, 07:54 PM)weeble Wrote: Paula, what is the passover method?
Water in the tank but humidity set to off (no heat) but pick up some moisture so the humidifier will act as a passover humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Zonk. Will try it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,813 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.