Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software]
RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software]
I think the SleepMapper software is just a way to keep the patients logging in every day so they can keep their propaganda in front of them. They only upload the latest night of data, so in order to get a meaningful chart, you have to upload every day. What a pain!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2013, 05:40 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yep, I can't speak about the Respironics software, but ResMed's ResScan isn't really bad, but it is somewhat clunky to use and offers some pretty good analytical tools at least.

But you're right, from what I've heard, SleepyHead is the best option for most as long as they have a machine that is supported.

Smile

ResScan vs. Encore is like a modern EKG vs. a Fisher Price stethescope.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2013, 11:16 PM)Hdowning Wrote: I think the SleepMapper software is just a way to keep the patients logging in every day so they can keep their propaganda in front of them. They only upload the latest night of data, so in order to get a meaningful chart, you have to upload every day. What a pain!

How do you get the data from the CPAP machine to the tablet or smartphone?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2013, 02:46 AM)archangle Wrote: ResScan vs. Encore is like a modern EKG vs. a Fisher Price stethescope.

I wasn't aware that ResScan was that good. Good to know. That's a factor I'll definitely keep in mind for my next machine purchase.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2013, 07:40 PM)Sleepster Wrote: How do you get the data from the CPAP machine to the tablet or smartphone?

If you have a windows computer, you don't need to. Upload the data from the memory card with your computer, and it will be available on the SleepMapper app on your smart phone or iPad. If you don't have a windows computer, you have to get a Bluetooth module for your PRS1.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2013, 08:18 PM)Hdowning Wrote: If you have a windows computer, you don't need to. Upload the data from the memory card with your computer, and it will be available on the SleepMapper app on your smart phone or iPad.

I've got a Windows computer. When I upload the data from my memory card with my computer, do I upload it to a website?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2013, 09:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I've got a Windows computer. When I upload the data from my memory card with my computer, do I upload it to a website?

My bad! I was logging in to mysleepmapper.com with the browser on my iPad, and could see my uploaded results there (duh!). If you use the SleepMapper app, you have to use Bluetooth to get your data to the app. Nice way to sell CPAP Bluetooth attachments, huh. Sorry if I added to the confusion. Sad But apparently the data IS stored in the website!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2013, 10:14 PM)Hdowning Wrote: My bad! I was logging in to mysleepmapper.com with the browser on my iPad, and could see my uploaded results there (duh!).

Uhhh ... How did they get there? When you say they were uploaded, did you upload them? And how did you do that?

Quote:If you use the SleepMapper app, you have to use Bluetooth to get your data to the app. Nice way to sell CPAP Bluetooth attachments, huh. Sorry if I added to the confusion. Sad

Yeah, you've definitely got me more confused. Ok, so it'd be a bluetooth connection between my smartphone and my CPAP machine. What's the "CPAP bluetooth attachment"? Where would I get one? How would I attach it? Presumably it somehow attaches to the CPAP machine?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2013, 09:41 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Yeah, you've definitely got me more confused. Ok, so it'd be a bluetooth connection between my smartphone and my CPAP machine. What's the "CPAP bluetooth attachment"? Where would I get one? How would I attach it? Presumably it somehow attaches to the CPAP machine?

I was finally able to find two online stores that sell the PRS1 Bluetooth module:

[commercial links removed by moderator]

They also illustrate how the module attaches to the PRS1. Pretty pricy at $100! It's a lot to pay to see on your smart phone what you can see for free on the web with your computer.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to delete the links to the commercial websites, but this item can be found by doing a Google search for "Bluetooth Module for Respironics SleepMapper Self-Management System".

It appears that SleepMapper software can be installed on a Windoze PC and the data read from the card without the use of the bluetooth module, but if you want to use a smartphone or tablet you need the module.

So, I guess I'll install SleepMapper on my laptop and see if I like it.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,819 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,605 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.