Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Traveling with CPAP
RE: Traveling with CPAP
When I've stayed in hotels I've never had problem placing the cpap machine on the nightstand next to the bed. I didn't think about putting a towel underneath it to stop whatever smells from the cleaning solutions from creeping into my system. I'll do that the next time.

I prefer my hose to hang above my head but don't have special equipment for it. Instead at home and at hotels I use a large binder clip with a small rope (such as a shoe lace). A large binder clip can usually attach to the headboard or to the frame of the picture above it. I tie the rope around one of the silver handles and leave a huge loop for the hose to be able to move through freely. It's not an elegant design, but it works fine for me and is easy to keep in my cpap bag.

Binder clip
Post Reply Post Reply
iSnooze, I use exactly the same method, I bought a metal ring for 80c that goes through the clip part and put the hose through it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend anyone travelling with a CPAP should keep a 12V adaptor or an inverter just in case of a power outage. A few years ago I was caught in an ice storm and trapped in a motel for 2 nights with no electricity. It was a harrowing experience and after that I always carried a alternate power supply with me. Easy to do if you are traveling by car, not so easy if you fly.
Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2013, 01:39 PM)ibfestus Wrote: I would recommend anyone travelling with a CPAP should keep a 12V adaptor or an inverter just in case of a power outage.

That's a good tip for at home, too. You never know when there could be an extended outage due to a storm.

I presume you plan on using your car battery when stuck in a hotel, unless you carry your own battery. If so, it's a good idea to carry the wrench or pliers you'll need to remove the battery. Keeping a pair of jumper cables in your trunk is a good idea, too, in case you run the battery down. As long as you've got gas in your car you charge the battery, once you get the car started. You could also use a solar charger.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, before I retired I did keep a big deep cycle battery in the trunk. Now I have a complete hard wired, propane powered, generator at home plus a substantial UPS system that I got from a huge computer system that was "retired" at about the same time I did. Another solution is to use one of those little jump start power supplies but they are not very reliable and might not last more than a few hours.

I hope this helps somebody.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 554 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,627 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Traveling - use AIRSENSE with RESMED N30 nasal mask - forgot vented elbow!! new2paphopeful 0 640 06-25-2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: new2paphopeful
  [Equipment] Traveling to low or high altitudes? Laura1520 5 680 08-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  traveling, don't want to use humidifier Palmtrees 8 1,298 02-10-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: booksfan
Question Traveling. Get off CPAP? intershift 8 1,389 02-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  help selecting a traveling APAP machine harmonicamoon 5 1,325 06-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Last Post: harmonicamoon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.