Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Side-sleeper pillows
RE: Side-sleeper pillows
Funny, I figured out the 90-degree thing with my two pillows. Helps a lot, but I am still interested in trying a PaPillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up getting a one of the CPAP pillows and use it off and on. I find it a little firm (which is why I don't use it all the time), but the cut-outs seem to work as intended for me when I am using it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2014, 01:10 PM)Clementine Wrote: Funny, I figured out the 90-degree thing with my two pillows. Helps a lot, but I am still interested in trying a PaPillow.

What is the 90 degree thing with 2 pillows? I guess that I missed somewhere along the line.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Edit: OK got it. I wasn't trying to be lazy-just thought the 90 degree thing was in another thread.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my FF with a Tempurpedic pillow of the ordinary rectangular shape. I don't have trouble with leaks because of this pillow, and in fact it sometimes helps me "beat" a leak into submission by pressing the mask into the pillow. The 90-degree idea with two pillows sounds like a workable solution too, so I'd suggest trying that first as two regular pillows will be cheaper than a top-of-the-line memory foam pillow like mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Making my own CPAP pillow - If anyone has done something similar please let me know, I am hoping this works.

I am going to attack a too-thick-for-me memory pillow (that I already have) with a knife to:
A) Make it thinner around my neck
B) Make room for a mask on each end
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
The PAPillow is out of stock and no one is responding to my email....
Does anyone know what is happening?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's their Phone # (405) 247-7377
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that several of the companies on the suppliers on the suppliers list either don't have a listing for the PAPillow or it is out of stock. I couldn't find it on Amazon either. It looks like it may be discontinued.

I did find it at Supplier #4. I went as far as getting it in the cart. It appears it may be limited to the stock that is on hand.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can a pillow that has the same shape as the Papillow at Amazon. I find it to be a better pillow. Easier to wash and dry, lighter, and just as comfortable.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,765 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.