Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 SD Card Questions
Question 
Resmed S9 SD Card Questions
Hello all, another newbie to the forums with 2 questions.

1. Do I need a special card reader to get the data off of the S9 SD card? I know I need a special reader for this S8 card, which I do not have.

Reason I'm asking is, I killed my 3 year old S8 VPAP S and I'm told it is not repairable and I need a new machine. I got up too fast, got dizzy and started to fall, took off across the room with the mask still on and yanked the machine right off the stand with a full water chamber. It landed upside down and flooded the unit completely. I tried my best to dry it out, but upon trying it again, I got error 1018 call for service. Anyhow, I'm on Medicare and this machine is only 3 years old, which brings me to question 2.

2. If your on Medicare and have a damaged unit before the 5 year useful life period is up, do you have to purchase a new machine or do they have to give you a working unit until the end of the 5 year useful life period?

I checked with my DME and they said I'll be getting a brand new S9 VPAP S, but they're awaiting the pre authorization from my Medicare Advantage Plan. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done something this stupid before....am I? Oh-jeez

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 SD Card Question(s)
(05-15-2013, 05:57 AM)blebs Wrote: 1. Do I need a special card reader to get the data off of the S9 SD card?
Hi blebs and welcome
You don,t need any special card reader for the S9 SD card
you might have a card reader slot in your computer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 06:08 AM)zonk Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 05:57 AM)blebs Wrote: 1. Do I need a special card reader to get the data off of the S9 SD card?
Hi blebs and welcome
You don,t need any special card reader for the S9 SD card
you might have a card reader slot in your computer

Cool beans! Knowing Resmed, I figured they may have some strange configuration of their SD card where you'd have to have a card reader from them.

Great! Have the answer for question #1. Now lets see about #2.

Thanks Zonk. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got to thinking, I have a 3rd question also. When you download the data to the card, does it do a full dump. I guess what I'm asking is, if I get the data and then later have to get the data for my pulmonologist, will the information still be downloadable so that he sees exactly what I see? Sorry if this sounds silly, but I've never done it before and the last thing I want to do is NOT have the data for the doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 06:23 AM)blebs Wrote: Just got to thinking, I have a 3rd question also. When you download the data to the card, does it do a full dump..
S9 SD card stores
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Every time you put the card in the machine, the machine write summary data on the card
Detailed data written directly on the card, unlike S8, you need to have the card in the machine while sleeping otherwise no detailed data if card been left out

The data will be there for your doctor to download
Hope you get an answer for question #2
I,m getting ready for bed ..... Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi blebs,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm sure sorry to hear about your mishap and I don't think you the only one that this has happened to.
Best of luck to you with getting a new machine and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both. Funny. I've been all over Resmeds site and never found that link until it was pointed out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may have found the answer to the second question. Lord I hope I don't have to restart the rental clock. According to this, I shouldn't have too.

Quote:Replacement
Replacement refers to the provision of an identical or nearly
identical item. The RUL of durable medical equipment is
five years.
Equipment may be replaced in the following cases
(Reimbursement is always subject to review by Medicare.):
Replacement during RUL (prior to five years)
The replacement of an item before the five-year life
expectancy can only be done if the item is lost, irreparably
damaged, or the patient’s medical condition changes and
the item no longer satisfies the medical needs of the patient.
• Loss or irreparable damage
– Irreparable damage is considered damage caused by a
specific accident or natural disaster.
– A physician’s order is needed to reaffirm the medical
necessity of the item.
• If a PAP device is replaced during the RUL because of loss,
theft or irreparable damage due to a specific incident, there is
no requirement for a new clinical evaluation, sleep test or trial
period.
• The supplier must replace the equipment free of charge
if it does not last the full five-year period, ie, is no longer
serviceable or needs substantial repairs. If it is determined
based upon accumulated repair costs (those repair costs
exceeding 60% of the cost to replace) that the item is unable
to last for the entire five-year RUL, the supplier must replace
the equipment with properly working equipment at no charge.
(Replacement equipment does not need to be new.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that is the case. It should be replaced without question. Of course, if you left it on your hood and drove off and it smashed all over the highway, that may not be covered.

Have you been to see your regular doc since the knock-over? If not, go in for a visit and discuss the feeling dizzy bit. Explain what happened and why you are there. If the doc is a good one, ask him/her to put the code for (whatever the name is for when you stand up too fast and the blood pressure changes...POTS?) for that visit. Also ask the doc (does not have to be a sleep doc) to use the term for that experience on the prescription for a new machine. "Damaged during a POTS event" or whatever it is called.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 09:31 AM)blebs Wrote: Thank you both. Funny. I've been all over Resmeds site and never found that link until it was pointed out.
Crafty ResMed, they hid everything but not around here, only if happen to be a can of Colombian Coffee

You might as well get ready for the arrival of the new baby
manual: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Setup: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
H5i humidifier: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf
ClimateLine: http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

ResScan download link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nload-Link

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 142 9 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 410 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.