Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 SD Card Questions
RE: Resmed S9 SD Card Question(s)
(05-15-2013, 01:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, that is the case. It should be replaced without question. Of course, if you left it on your hood and drove off and it smashed all over the highway, that may not be covered.

Have you been to see your regular doc since the knock-over? If not, go in for a visit and discuss the feeling dizzy bit. Explain what happened and why you are there. If the doc is a good one, ask him/her to put the code for (whatever the name is for when you stand up too fast and the blood pressure changes...POTS?) for that visit. Also ask the doc (does not have to be a sleep doc) to use the term for that experience on the prescription for a new machine. "Damaged during a POTS event" or whatever it is called.

Sorry, being a newbie, I hit my 7 post limit for that day and it wouldn't let me answer.

I have NOT been to the doc since the knock- over. I have several conditions that require a lot of medications that make you dizzy, sleepy, well you get the picture. Apparently, there was no need for a prescription, though I did get the call that I was approved, but they are going to try to charge me for it. We'll see what they say when presented with the CMS ruling on it. Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 06:09 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 09:31 AM)blebs Wrote: Thank you both. Funny. I've been all over Resmeds site and never found that link until it was pointed out.
Crafty ResMed, they hid everything but not around here, only if happen to be a can of Colombian Coffee

You might as well get ready for the arrival of the new baby

Hehe, got all of those, except for the ResScan download before I joined this forum. Won't be getting the machine until May 28th, but I'm already ahead of them.

When I tried to reply with a quote of your post with the links, the board denied my post because of the links. Sorry, had to delete the links in order to post this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well so much for CMS rulings. I still have to pay rental for 12 months. Oh well, I wanted an S9 series anyhow. They had just come out when I got my S8 in February 2010. Kind of bummed because of being stuck with the carrying case, H4I humidifier, data card and 5 filters for the S8 that I'll likely end up pitching. Too much junk in the house as it is. Don't need anymore clutter. People are beginning to think we're hoarders.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sell or give them away on eBay.

Dang shame about having to pay for it. But since you are, look at the prices on Supplier #2.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

And refer to the rules concerning the posting of links:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2013, 12:13 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Sell or give them away on eBay.

Dang shame about having to pay for it. But since you are, look at the prices on Supplier #2.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

And refer to the rules concerning the posting of links:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules

Thanks PaulaO2. So, if I quote a persons post who's post contains links in this very same thread, that's a violation? Or is it that I said what I said about the being stuck with the old stuff? What did I do wrong? Not trying to get on the bad side here.
Post Reply Post Reply
No. It is not links that are wrong, it's the type of links. No commercial links are allowed, such as online suppliers or the website of a regular supplier of CPAP stuff. Links to manufacturers are fine.

Usually we refer people to the Supplier's List (link at the top of every page) or we say something like "Google MaskWidget".

If you tried to quote someone's post with links, and the action was denied, it is possible you accidentally deleted the "quote" tags and the system thought it was your own words. You were able to quote mine. I'll ask the admin to check into this in case it is a bug.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2013, 02:49 PM)blebs Wrote: So, if I quote a persons post who's post contains links in this very same thread, that's a violation? Or is it that I said what I said about the being stuck with the old stuff? What did I do wrong? Not trying to get on the bad side here.

The forum software doesn't allow brand new members to post links of any type. It's a spam-prevention thing, mostly, to prevent spammers from joining and then posting all sorts of spam links. Once you have a few posts under your belt, plus a few days of membership, the forum software automatically transitioned you from "New Member" to regular "Member", and then the software lifts that restriction, allowing you to post links.

As for the types of non-allowed links, as Paula said, it's mostly the commercial links that we don't allow in forum posts. This is to maintain our educational status (legally) so we can continue to distribute copyrighted Clinician Setup Manuals under the "Fair Use" sections of U.S. Copyright Law.

For more info on what is and isn't allowed link-wise, see the forum rules.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the clarification. I read the forum rules a few times over and couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2013, 10:25 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The forum software doesn't allow brand new members to post links of any type.

This confuses enough newbies that it might be a good idea to add it to the rules thread.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2013, 06:33 AM)archangle Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 10:25 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The forum software doesn't allow brand new members to post links of any type.

This confuses enough newbies that it might be a good idea to add it to the rules thread.

Maybe we need to do that. Although when a newbie tries to post a link, the software automatically tells them that new members with low post counts can't post links.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.