Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can it be this easy?
RE: Can it be this easy?
(05-26-2013, 09:07 AM)mchad Wrote: Ive also got the quattro fx adjusted so its passes the mask leak test (still a little tight, but tolerable) so i'll live with it the few nights i may ever need to use it.

Hi mchad,

When using the Quattro FX, using a RemZzzs mask liner may help reduce leaks. May allow you to reduce tightness and be less uncomfortable. I reuse each liner for about a week. The liners tend to curl during use, and washing gently and drying thoroughly may help to uncurl. Or if liner still clean can just patiently uncurl while carefully putting on mask.

(05-26-2013, 09:07 AM)mchad Wrote: AHI remains under 3, was 2.1 last night, 1.8 the night before.
I did go ahead and set the unit to auto set mode three days ago, 10-15 range. The data reports it stays around 10.9 all night, never approaching the cpap 15 I was ordered. I find the lower pressure is much more comfortable. I suppose I should tell my Dr, but I don't want to get reprimanded for changing the settings... Thoughts on that?

What was EPR set to, in your original settings? What is EPR now?

I suggest keeping an eye on how long individual events are lasting.

In your full Sleep Report from your titration study, how long were your longest obstructive events when pressure was lower than 15? (How much EPR was used during titration, if any?)

Sounds like your AHI is good, and when on APAP mode is only a little worse than when your machine was in CPAP mode at 15 cmH2O. Since you have already changed your settings and the machine usually stays around 10.9, I suggest raising the minimum pressure to 11. This will be a little closer to your prescribed settings.

How much pressure is needed is usually dependent on sleep position. Usually worse when sleeping flat on the back and/or when in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep stage. If you have been sleeping only or mostly on side for past 3 days, this may explain why the AutoSet has not been raising pressure much, and you may need max pressure of 15 or higher if you were to be in REM after rolling onto your back.

When you see your doc for your normal follow up appointment (which is usually scheduled for a month or two after start of therapy, I think), I suggest you discuss CPAP versus APAP and ask for new prescription showing your new prescribed pressure range. I would bring my card and bring printouts of any ResScan reports I would like the doctor to comment on.

(05-26-2013, 09:07 AM)mchad Wrote: I also purchased a less expensive devillbiss intellipap auto for use on my boat. I don't want to carry my S9 back and forth. I'll be using it prob 1-2 nights a week, fri and sat, or jutst sat. I think I will still meet compliance requirements for my insurance purchased S9 with 5 or 6 nights of 7+ hours of nightly usage, you think?

Sounds like you would still meet typical compliance standards, but call your insurance company and ask what precisely are compliance standards for your insurance.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2013, 09:07 AM)mchad Wrote: Sleeping like i did 25 years ago in the Corps, after a day of "strenuous activity"... Anyway, I feel great, am sleeping like a rock, and barely move at night.

I think most of us hoseheads will agree that we didn't realize how poorly we were sleeping until our bodies adjusted to cpap therapy. It seems that your you saw improvement sooner than many people do.

Congrats on sleeping like a rock. Enjoy your newly-found energy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mchad,
Glad you are having such GREAT results with CPAP therapy.
As far as the mask you are using, if the FFM works well for you, thats what counts.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time is off - is there an easy fix? DaveHirschler 8 1,376 09-13-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: takeda
  How to mimic "easy breath" on S mode Resmed aircurve 10? koy23 1 808 09-17-2022, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR software - 2 easy new user questions. JohnReam 2 594 07-22-2022, 11:07 AM
Last Post: JohnReam
  Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts? PurchanceToDream 2 719 04-30-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: PurchanceToDream
  Aircurve Vauto - Want to change rise time/easy breathe but keep auto benefits Sugarvenom 9 2,007 02-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  3 days in - not as easy as I thought SleepyTexasGirl 10 1,825 12-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ApneaQuestions
  Easy question about the Resmed AirTouch F20 for Her pinetree 4 1,407 11-13-2018, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Coffee Man

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.