Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difference between PR-151HS versus PR-151P
Difference between PR-151HS versus PR-151P
Hard to find information about specific models.

Does anyone know what the differences might be between the following machines?

Philips Respironics PR-151HS versus PR-151P

I know these are older models but I am trying to do a comparison of what the differences are.

I believe someone told me the PR-151P is the most basic model manual set pressure CPAP only with little or no capable readouts for nightly AHI etc...

Is the PR-151HS a more intelligent model that would have all the nightly stats. I don't think it is AUTO but I suspect it may be better than the P model. Maybe A-Flex maybe C-Flex? Not really sure.

Any info / help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difference between PR-151HS versus PR-151P
(05-18-2013, 03:58 PM)questeor Wrote: Hard to find information about specific models.

Does anyone know what the differences might be between the following machines?

Philips Respironics PR-151HS versus PR-151P

I know these are older models but I am trying to do a comparison of what the differences are.

I believe someone told me the PR-151P is the most basic model manual set pressure CPAP only with little or no capable readouts for nightly AHI etc...

Is the PR-151HS a more intelligent model that would have all the nightly stats. I don't think it is AUTO but I suspect it may be better than the P model. Maybe A-Flex maybe C-Flex? Not really sure.

Any info / help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Both are 50 series System One machines and not too old
Nothing intelligent about these machines, only report usage
(how many hours using the machine each night for insurance purposes ... not treatment wise)
No efficacy data, no pressure relief ... just Ramp

For efficacy data ... you need at least 450/460 or above

HS denote humidifier and SD card stuck in the back of the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh ok. I use a Resmed S9 as my main machine but I am looking to buy a second machine as spare / travel.
Looked at a 151P but it didnt have any intelligence.
Saw a 151HS and didnt know what the difference was. If it is just heated humidifier and SD but no intelligence than still not really an option as second machine.

Cheers and thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2013, 08:26 PM)questeor Wrote: Oh ok. I use a Resmed S9 as my main machine but I am looking to buy a second machine as spare / travel.
Looked at a 151P but it didnt have any intelligence.
Saw a 151HS and didnt know what the difference was. If it is just heated humidifier and SD but no intelligence than still not really an option as second machine.

Cheers and thanks!!!

I believe the blower unit will be the same on anything with "151" or "150" in the model number. The HS may very well mean Humidifier and SD card, and the blower unit may say "151P," even though the box and order says "151HS."

I think that 150 vs. 151 may actually have to do with which country it's intended to be sold in.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 251 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,066 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,828 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,790 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.