Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 advise please
S9 advise please
had my new 9 bipap for two weeks now, and it has two issues, it makes a wheezing noise upon exhale? and the the menu under usage, above the mask fit smiley face icon , the usage has stuck on 24hrs? do I need to clear it every night or what ? it started out giving the correct previous nights usage but now it just says 24hrs ? Is there a reset and the wheezing noise should I take it back or is this normal for an S9? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 advise please
Hi roadkingrick,
Yeah, it's a common problem with the S9 machines. Some people have it and others don't. I notice mine whistling when I breathe out but it doesn't bother me. There are some threads here on the board talking about it.
As far as your other question, hang in there for more answers to both your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think I have heard of a VPAP with this noise, if it is the same as what others have reported. Things to check:

humidifier lid shut?
humidifier too full?
water on top of humidifier tank?
filters in correctly?

If it is very annoying or doesn't stop after a few nights, take it back.

You say it is stuck at 24hrs? That's the reporting period you have set. You can set it to 24hrs and I think 7 days and 30 days. I think.

Have you downloaded the manual for it?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2013, 01:32 PM)roadkingrick Wrote: and the the menu under usage, above the mask fit smiley face icon , the usage has stuck on (24hrs) ? do I need to clear it every night or what ? it started out giving the correct previous nights usage but now it just says 24hrs ?
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

"Sleep Quality" shows last night usage
If this stuck on 24hrs .. unplug the machine, wait couple minutes and then plug back
It will take a while for the machine to read the card and reset
After 12 noon, "Sleep Quality" reset to "0" but data still available, turn the dial to "Sleep Report"

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 292 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,134 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 501 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 712 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel ExXGZmpK 25 2,950 06-09-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: ExXGZmpK
  Therapy Advise Switched to Full Face Mask AHI increased Roamomo 6 946 05-30-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: paulryan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.