Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Altitude make a significant difference?
Does Altitude make a significant difference?
Hi Everyone - Just wondering if moving to a lower altitude would make a worth considering move to a lower altitude. I currently reside at the 8,000 foot level. I have CSA but my wife has not only CSA but also requires supplemental oxygen not only while sleeping but during the say as well. Any known advice or hearing from people that have actually lived in a higher altitude and then went to sea level and want to share results would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Altitude make a significant difference?
As far as the machine is concerned, it compensates well up to, I think, 10,000.

As far as our bodies, search the forum for Altitude and you'll find several threads regarding this.

Such as this one from last month:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=altitude
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Altitude make a significant difference?
Back when I was a smoker, tried to light a cigarette on top of Pikes Peak (14,100 feet) The whole world went gray.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not feeling rested with BIPAP. Is it even making a difference? ppluissz 2 46 46 minutes ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,147 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,327 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,408 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 162 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,559 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 274 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.