Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 - water leaks out
PRS1 - water leaks out
Hi all!
Well it's been several months since I received my PRS1 with the heated hose and having tried a few other units,
let me just say that I am very pleased with my machine and have absolutely no complaints whatsoever except for when I fill the reservoir with water it sometimes runs down the top of the intake tube and down the plastic clip which holds the top on and out along the inside of the intake tube. The faster I pour, the more water leaks out.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PRS1 - water leaks out
The video shows that you have slide the water tank out and separate the the top part before filling with water
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/video6.aspx
Post Reply Post Reply
When I fill the tank I don't separate I just tilt the tank slightly and pour the water in slowly. If you pour it in too fast you will see the level rise in the middle before it spreads out to the rest of the tank.
Post Reply Post Reply
Experiment a bit. If you tilt the water chamber the right direction at about 45 degrees, it breaks the "air lock" and you can pour fast. Be sure not to overfill, or water may pour back out the air inlet and damage the blower unit once you put it back into the machine.

If you try to overfill it, then sit it on a level surface, water will pour out, but don't rely on that to set the water level. If it's that full, let it drain, then pour out a little more.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2013, 09:10 PM)archangle Wrote: Experiment a bit. If you tilt the water chamber the right direction at about 45 degrees, it breaks the "air lock" and you can pour fast. Be sure not to overfill, or water may pour back out the air inlet and damage the blower unit once you put it back into the machine.

If you try to overfill it, then sit it on a level surface, water will pour out, but don't rely on that to set the water level. If it's that full, let it drain, then pour out a little more.

Thanks all!
I just lay my tank on top of the counter and pour until the water reaches the max fill line. I guess I sometimes pour so quickly that the water enters the air inlet down through the plastic thing-a-ma-jiggy that secures the top lid in place when clicked in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also had this same problem. I didn't realize there was an "air lock" that stopped the water from directly going into the tank. I've watered my nightstand many evenings. I started separating the tank to fill it. I thought it was a pain at first but now it doesn't bother me. It's just part of the routine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2013, 07:01 PM)iSnooze Wrote: I also had this same problem. I didn't realize there was an "air lock" that stopped the water from directly going into the tank. I've watered my nightstand many evenings. I started separating the tank to fill it. I thought it was a pain at first but now it doesn't bother me. It's just part of the routine.

It's hard to describe, but once you figure it out, you can do it in your sleep. Try it over the sink sometime.

The air inlet is on the side. Hold the tank so this side is tilted up at a 45 degree angle or so. Pour water in the air outlet on the top. When done, check to see that the water isn't above the top level marker. If you've overfilled it too much, water will pour out once you set the tank on a level surface.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.