Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IS Resmart CPCP machine any good?
IS Resmart CPCP machine any good?
Diagnosed six weeks ago and got my new Resmart machine 3 weeks ago.
I am not completely satisfied with the unit and I am thinking about a used
Resmed S9 , but I don't know anything about the settings or hot to read
a prescription.

I hope someone can help me here.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IS Resmart CPCP machine any good?
(06-17-2013, 02:18 PM)dangar Wrote: Diagnosed six weeks ago and got my new Resmart machine 3 weeks ago.
I am not completely satisfied with the unit and I am thinking about a used
Resmed S9 , but I don't know anything about the settings or hot to read
a prescription.

I hope someone can help me here.

Thank you.

I just did a quick lookup of the Resmart and I couldn't find if it was data download capable.

I, along with many others, use a ResMes s9 Elite.
This machine records data to an SD card which you can than load into a couple software programs on your PC, ResScan and Sleepyhead, and record your data for future reference and check your progress.
Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your post. S9 seems the way to go.
I have been looking at an S9 Elite and the only thing I need is how to
port the same settings.
I have read that all S9 are capable to download and analyze data to make educated changes in the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2013, 03:22 PM)dangar Wrote: I have read that all S9 are capable to download and analyze data to make educated changes in the settings.

Wherever you read that, it is incorrect. The S9 Escape only has compliance (ie. usage) data. The S9 Elite has useful periodic telemetry. If you are looking at ResMed APAP machines, the S9 Escape Auto is another compliance-only brick. The S9 AutoSet is the better machine with useful periodic telemetry.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 Autoset is only about $50 more and is a much better value.
Just FYI.

Cheers & Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dangar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar with the machine you have.
Best of luck to you on your next CPAP machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
+ 1 for S9 AutoSet (not Escape or Escape Auto)
SleepinginAdelaide used BMC machine, he might chime in when spot this thread
RESmart http://en.bmc-medical.com/products_list/...29858.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about my ignorance, but will the S9 autoset set itself for the
perfect settings without me programing it?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set the machine CPAP mode at your prescribed pressure so it deliver a fixed pressure all night long and when gained enough confidence and experience than you can try the AutoSet mode which require minimum and maximum pressure setting so the machine auto-adjust pressure as needed. S9 setup and video link http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
The clinical manual available via email, here is the link "how to ask for the manual"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Although Zonk touched on this, it's important to recognize that the RESmart machines are not made by ResMed. This was a mistake I made when first looking at these machines.

In my opinion, this company (BMC Medical) is using a similar-sounding CPAP name (RESmart) on purpose to confuse buyers into thinking they're getting a quality ResMed unit. ResMed and Philips-Respironics are the two top selling and proven CPAP manufacturers. BMC Medical has a minuscule market share when compared to those two companies.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 221 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.