Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS?
PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS?
Does this machine provide settings for both Max PS and Min PS?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS?
Hi Apnea 1, welcome to Apnea Board!

We don't yet have a manual for the 60 Series machine, so I couldn't look this up, but I would assume that that it does have the ability to set limits on pressure support, since the 50 series machines have that capability - and I doubt that the newer 60 series machines would have any less functionality.

From the Series 50 clinician setup guide:

Quote:Max PS - This screen allows you to modify the Maximum Pressure Support setting. The maximum pressure support is the maximum difference that is permitted between IPAP and EPAP while Auto Bi-level therapy is active. You may adjust the setting from 3 cm H2O to 8 cm H2O.

Note: This screen only displays if Auto Bi-level therapy is enabled.

If anyone with the PR System One Series 60 BiPAP Auto can confirm, please post.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2013, 10:42 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Hi Apnea 1, welcome to Apnea Board!

We don't yet have a manual for the 60 Series machine, so I couldn't look this up, but I would assume that that it does have the ability to set limits on pressure support, since the 50 series machines have that capability - and I doubt that the newer 60 series machines would have any less functionality.

From the Series 50 clinician setup guide:

Quote:Max PS - This screen allows you to modify the Maximum Pressure Support setting. The maximum pressure support is the maximum difference that is permitted between IPAP and EPAP while Auto Bi-level therapy is active. You may adjust the setting from 3 cm H2O to 8 cm H2O.

Note: This screen only displays if Auto Bi-level therapy is enabled.

If anyone with the PR System One Series 60 BiPAP Auto can confirm, please post.

Smile

Thanks to you guys, I also have the manual for the series 50 machine. The manual indicates that the series 50 machine can be set only for max PS (not for min PS). This is why I am asking about the series 60 machines. Do the series 60 machines provide for setting both the max PS and the min PS?

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2013, 02:29 PM)Apnea 1 Wrote: Thanks to you guys, I also have the manual for the series 50 machine. The manual indicates that the series 50 machine can be set only for max PS (not for min PS). This is why I am asking about the series 60 machines. Do the series 60 machines provide for setting both the max PS and the min PS?

My understanding is that you can NOT set minimum PS. It will always do 2, and only go above that as it autoadjusts upwards and decides you need this.

That's second hand information, but to me, it's a BIG design flaw.

The ResMed S9 VPAP Auto apparently DOES allow you to set minimum PS.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2013, 08:00 PM)archangle Wrote: My understanding is that you can NOT set minimum PS. It will always do 2, and only go above that as it autoadjusts upwards and decides you need this.

That's second hand information, but to me, it's a BIG design flaw.

The ResMed S9 VPAP Auto apparently DOES allow you to set minimum PS.

I phoned Respironics and also the supplier. Both say that the new 60 series auto bipap provides for setting both min PS and max PS. Respironics says that the previous generation machine, the 50 series, provided for setting only the max PS.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting this confirmation! Good to know this for certain.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 381 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,599 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.