Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what does 95% mean
RE: what does 95% mean
(06-22-2013, 03:38 AM)vsheline Wrote: My obstructive events are much worse when I am in supine position. So I wear a tee shirt with tennis ball in a pocket sewn between my shoulder blades, to keep me off my back.
Please excuse my ignorance, but isn't the pressure supposed to keep your airway open?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what does 95% mean
(06-22-2013, 11:54 AM)Paptillian Wrote:
(06-22-2013, 03:38 AM)vsheline Wrote: My obstructive events are much worse when I am in supine position. So I wear a tee shirt with tennis ball in a pocket sewn between my shoulder blades, to keep me off my back.
Please excuse my ignorance, but isn't the pressure supposed to keep your airway open?
Yes it does but takes less pressure to keep airways open on your side than your back also your auto pressure might not be quick enough to respond to sleeping position changes
Some people have what called "positional apnea" so the tennis ball trick can helps prevent rolling over on the back as would be painful to do so

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.