Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fight with medical group- third round
Fight with medical group- third round
Today I received the rejection letter from the medical group that must approve the new soft cushion for my Seepweaver Élan mask.
The reason: It is not medically necessary under Medicare guidelines, it is only for my personal convenience.

I guess that is true I do find it convenient to breathe at night.

So starts the third round. I requested a referral to a sleep doctor to verify that breathing is not just convenient but also a medical necessity.

At least I got the response late on Friday afternoon so I can fret about it over the weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fight with medical group- third round
Doesn't it fall under one of the standard HCPC codes for mask cushions?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope. Sorry. We therefore suggest that you not breathe.
If however you find you MUST breathe, try not to make a habit of it.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2013, 10:04 PM)Paptillian Wrote: Doesn't it fall under one of the standard HCPC codes for mask cushions?

Yes it does. They actually approved it once, but the DME could not/would not work with Circadiance. When said lets get a different DME, that is when they denied it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ultamatum time.
"Either you figure out a way to work with me so I get what I need, or I find someone else who will!"
Then turn on your heel and head towards the door.

They will either recant or let you go. Either way it's win-win for you.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 1,034 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  BiPAP Help - Round 2 mattw2019 3 777 07-25-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  My medical provider called me, they want to schedule my titration study. Should I go? Phil487 8 1,107 07-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Navigating medical leave zoraa 2 483 06-04-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: zoraa
  3B Medical Luna Auto CPAP PaulaBunyan 4 1,971 06-03-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: johndoh670
  Stress, Medical Procedures, and Centrals mesenteria 2 635 05-13-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Diagnosis] Round 2 Sleep Test pearlpearl 107 6,277 04-21-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.