Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Defeating bumper belt -- more or less over time? (CPAP Alternatives)
RE: Defeating bumper belt -- more or less over time? (CPAP Alternatives)
Hi. New member, first post. Tried CPAP for eighteen months, could never get used to it. Now I use a MAD/dental device and for me it is a life-saver. Maybe I'm 1 in 10000, but have had multiple sleep studies done, including one with the device in, and that, in combination with staying off my back, seems to work for me. Not only do the numbers show it, but I can actually get through a day without feeling like a zombie.

Anyway, my question is: does anyone know if you can actually train yourself to sleep on your side –- and how long does it take? Right now I use a cheapo hydration pack with two empty water bottles in it, and it works great, but I don't know if I want to wear it for the rest of my life.

Also looking for recommendations on a Pulse Ox I can use with Mac compatible software. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Defeating bumper belt -- more or less over time? (CPAP Alternatives)
Have a sleep partner who tickles your ribs with her/his elbow when you are on your back. Big Grin

I currently sleep predominantly on my left side. I know that I do not sleep on my right side because the exhaust from my un-diffused mask vent would be liable to blow my wife off the bed. I do roll over onto my back on occasion and I believe that the occasional bad night that I have may be caused by spending too much time on my back. I have never used any of the training aids to keep from sleeping on my back but may get there some day.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,086 7 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 100 10 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 5 172 Today, 12:25 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 183 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 269 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,522 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.