Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Data Download Problem
RE: ResScan Data Download Problem
(03-25-2012, 06:41 PM)mjholdeman Wrote: svwilber is right, changing the version on the link doesn't work. They apparently buried them better. I was able to find the other versions, but I don't want to post the links so not to irritate ResMed. SuperSleeper, since you seem to be the keeper of the links, let me know if you want me to email them to you.

Sure thing, email them to apneaboard@gmail.com or you can send them to me via private message, then we'll find a way to (not publicly) make them available in the Private Files & Links Forum for members who are logged in.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay for those of you wishing to download the older versions of ResScan, healthcareworker has updated the information (thanks mjholdeman!) Smile

Simply re-request the ResScan link like you did before using the directions in this thread.

Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2012, 06:33 PM)mjholdeman Wrote: 3. I have tried installing before and I *may* have driver junk leftover. I guess I need to scour the registry but I'm not sure how.

mjholdeman, I am not comfortable with instructions on working with the registry if you have no background there. svwilbur indicated he had 35 years working on computers, so I didn't feel there might be a problem. If you make a mistake on your registry, you can mess up your computer to the extent it will not even boot again. All that said, you can find free registry cleaners on the web - just google. Unfortunately, some are just trash and others are worse. I personally use a utility I have had for many years, the current version called jv16 Power Tools 2011. I think they may have a trial period for the program. If so, you can get it and I will help you use it. However important a registry cleaner may be, it will not help with drivers. Those require manual removal, and I don't know what drivers you may have installed.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 12:13 PM)JumpStart Wrote: mjholdeman, I am not comfortable with instructions on working with the registry if you have no background there. svwilbur indicated he had 35 years working on computers, so I didn't feel there might be a problem. If you make a mistake on your registry, you can mess up your computer to the extent it will not even boot again. All that said, you can find free registry cleaners on the web - just google. Unfortunately, some are just trash and others are worse. I personally use a utility I have had for many years, the current version called jv16 Power Tools 2011. I think they may have a trial period for the program. If so, you can get it and I will help you use it. However important a registry cleaner may be, it will not help with drivers. Those require manual removal, and I don't know what drivers you may have installed.

That's cool. I work with some folks that can probably help me out.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
After many attempts to clean my Windows 7 machine and reinstall ResScan, I never got it to work right. I installed it on my XP machine and it works like a champ. Not my preferred solution but I'll deal with it.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2012, 09:38 PM)mjholdeman Wrote: Howdy! I'm new to the board but not to CPAP. After 5 years on CPAP I just switched to a ResMed S9 AutoSet, partially due to the software. Well, I downloaded the ResScan software (3.16) but I can't get it to see my SD card and download the data.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and making sure I didn't install the ResScan drivers but no luck. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I also get a pop-up window whenever I run ResScan with the title "_ASSERTE:" and the text of "intf!=0 @ C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\..\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Press [Y]es to terminate, [N]o to continue and [C]ancel to Debug"
It doesn't seem to matter what I choose, ResScan starts but I can't see the SD card.

I thought I saw somewhere that an older version of ResScan might work for me but I don't know where to get it.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

I also have a ResMed S9 AutoSet, and I needed to install resscan on a new Win 7 64 bit machine. Well, I found my copy of ResScan software (3.12 ) in my backup files, I also found 3.14
the I had the exact same problems as the first poster here;

“””””””but I can't get it to see my SD card and download the data.
I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and making sure I didn't install the ResScan drivers but no luck. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I also get a pop-up window whenever I run ResScan with the title "_ASSERTE:" and the text of "intf!=0 @ C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\..\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Press [Y]es to terminate, [N]o to continue and [C]ancel to Debug"
It doesn't seem to matter what I choose, ResScan starts but I can't see the SD card. “”””””

The solution for me was to go back to a restore point just before I did my first install of resscan .
This was the only way to get rid of the “smart card” data file drivers I initially asked resscan to install.
I then fist tried a version 3.14 and when that worked I did not want to spend more time confirming if 3.12 would work, yet I expect it would,

leave the driver install boxes unchecked for use with a S9 SD data card when doing a resscan install

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2012, 04:27 PM)nedbal Wrote: I also have a ResMed S9 AutoSet
Me too. Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
My solution to the problem of:

"Connect a flow generator or data card and try again."

I could download the data into SleepyHead but not ResScan (v5.4.0.9116).
I had rented an ResMed S10 AutoSet for 10 weeks, then purchased a secondhand ResMed S9 AutoSet Easy-Breathe.
I like both software readers, SleepyHead (on Mac OS X) and ResScan (on WINXP - Parallels).

While I like SleepyHead and donated to the project - I like ResScan as well and want to use both.
Searched the forums and tried all the suggestions other than re-installing the software.
Tried the "repair option" on the re-install, but, it had some problem doing this and the installer was stuck.
Tried loading the data - import - from the Smart Card or from a copy of the contents of the SD card on a file on the computer - no go.

I noticed after several different things tried - that the USB drive was now in "Removable Disk (V)" drive, whereas, throughout the rental period the USB was always in "Removable Disk (F)" drive.

Clicked on the USB Controller settings at the bottom right hand corner of WINXP - files downloaded and combined with the data that I had already stored from the S10 trial. All working!
(Now I just have to figure out all the different options to get everything working at an optimum level!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,337 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.