Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with SD card
RE: Problem with SD card
(03-07-2015, 10:43 AM)frankresmeds9 Wrote: Does anybody know if there is any way that you can read what is sent over the cell network.

When faced with "lost data" on card problem, I use a program called "Micro SD Card Recovery". There are others out there on the net of course simply download & install, but to get to save your data, the software must be registered, which costs more than a replacement card. But I did it because "lost data" will happen again as flash memory cards are not as secure as they might be, and, the sleep data for that particular period was important to me.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
I will check the program out. It appears that my card itself is dead. The computer doesn't even see it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 06:49 AM)frankresmeds9 Wrote: I will check the program out. It appears that my card itself is dead. The computer doesn't even see it.

Are you reading the card through a slot on the computer or an external device? I have an external all in one card reader that works fine on every USB port on my Mac, but only on two of the 2.0 ports on my laptop,

Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 03:26 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 06:49 AM)frankresmeds9 Wrote: I will check the program out. It appears that my card itself is dead. The computer doesn't even see it.
Are you reading the card through a slot on the computer or an external device? I have an external all in one card reader that works fine on every USB port on my Mac, but only on two of the 2.0 ports on my laptop,
Homer
If your card is not seen by your computer, it's possible the USB ports are not being scanned. If this is the case, depending on your OS, you may have to re-install the ports. If you are running XP you will need a 3rd. party program that install the ports. XP was not created to use USB the way we do today. Check to see if other media will read from the USB ports first before doing anything though.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 03:26 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:

Homer

I have a SD card slot on my laptop which is working. I tried my backup SD card in the slot and it works just fine. The card that is bad will not even show up on my laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
If a card will not show up in more than one reader, then it's dead. SD cards are cheaper than dirt to manufacture. They are run through a simple test procedure. They could do accelerated life testing on a small sample from a production lot; but that adds money to production cost. Not that the test is so expensive -- but, the entire lot would be trashed if the accelerated life testing shows failure or parameters out of spec.

If a card will not show up in just one reader; most likely dust is in the reader. Use "canned air" (tertrafluroethane) to blow out the dust.

Cards above 2GB are SDHC cards. 2GB is the upper limit for FAT32. Plus, some readers cannot handle SDHC cards.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,585 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,354 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,477 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 394 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.