Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good deal on SD cards - FYI
Good deal on SD cards - FYI
Looking to acquire a 2nd SD card for my S9 this morning, I wandered through Sam's Club and found a 2-pack of 4GB SanDisk SDHC for $8.11. While one more card than I needed, it was far less than the $9.99 Best Buy, just across the street, wanted for just ONE such card. Since I occasionally send various digital stuff to my granddaughter, I acquired the duo. Checked both in my S9 - they work perfectly. While each provide far more space than is needed for the S9, the availability - and the cost - of 2GB cards are headed in opposite directions (down and up, respectively). And 1GB cards have gone the way of the dodo bird. Neither Office Depot, BestBuy, Sam's Club, or Walmart (in my area) had anything smaller than the 4GB I found - and of those, none cheaper. No shipping charge, either!
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good deal on SD cards - FYI
(03-16-2012, 11:22 AM)JumpStart Wrote: Looking to acquire a 2nd SD card for my S9 this morning, I wandered through Sam's Club and found a 2-pack of 4GB SanDisk SDHC for $8.11. While one more card than I needed, it was far less than the $9.99 Best Buy, just across the street, wanted for just ONE such card. Since I occasionally send various digital stuff to my granddaughter, I acquired the duo. Checked both in my S9 - they work perfectly. While each provide far more space than is needed for the S9, the availability - and the cost - of 2GB cards are headed in opposite directions (down and up, respectively). And 1GB cards have gone the way of the dodo bird. Neither Office Depot, BestBuy, Sam's Club, or Walmart (in my area) had anything smaller than the 4GB I found - and of those, none cheaper. No shipping charge, either!

strange as it sounds, i went to office depot this morning and bought a usb sd/sdhc card reader for $4.99. pleasantly surprised at the price.

First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Be careful, I'm not certain, but just as a caution, I don't think you want the HDHC cards, but simply the old plain SD card from what some people are saying. The newer HDHC cards may not work properly all the time in a CPAP that shipped with a plain vanilla HD card.

Check out this thread in our Commercial Posts Forum where Steven warned about this (a few posts into the thread):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...emory-Card

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2012, 12:32 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Be careful, I'm not certain, but just as a caution, I don't think you want the HDHC cards, but simply the old plain SD card from what some people are saying. The newer HDHC cards may not work properly all the time in a CPAP that shipped with a plain vanilla HD card.

Check out this thread in our Commercial Posts Forum where Steven warned about this (a few posts into the thread):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...emory-Card

i remembered that when i was buying the reader but didn't remember if it applied to cards or readers. i don't plan on replacing the card anytime soon, but these little sd cards look like an excellent alternative to the bigger flash drives moving things from computer to computer. i guess you could even stick it in your wallet to bring data somewhere.

First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2012, 12:32 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Be careful, I'm not certain, but just as a caution, I don't think you want the HDHC cards, but simply the old plain SD card from what some people are saying. The newer HDHC cards may not work properly all the time in a CPAP that shipped with a plain vanilla HD card.

My S9 has a current firmware (0904), and appears capable of reading SDHC cards. It also shipped with a standard SD card. I don't believe an SD device can sometimes read an SDHC, and sometimes not. If it works at all, it should work always, barring other unrelated problems. The SD Association provides the following re compatibility for host devices:

SDHC devices can use both SD memory cards and SDHC memory cards.
SD devices can only use SD memory cards.

I suspect all relatively new devices use the SDHC as standard, since there are both fewer SD cards and related uses available. It certainly doesn't cost anymore for ResMed to do so.

But it is always good to check. It is possible an email to ResMed regarding replacement for a "lost" or "damaged" SD might possibly elicit an honest response on the issue, although they are undoubtedly now stuck with a large number of 1 GB cards which they want to sell. They do provide replacements, for a charge. My confidence in large manufacturers doing ANYTHING which might be less than maximum self-interest is somewhat low. Smile But hey, its just an email!
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 117 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.