Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night on S9 Auto Set (not Escape!!)
RE: First Night on S9 Auto Set (not Escape!!)
(09-12-2013, 03:48 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Yes, that does make sense. If you truly need a higher pressure, your ResMed option for an Auto Bi-level device is the S9 VPAP Auto, which can go as high as 25 cmH2O. It would allow you to re-use your existing H5i humidifier.

Whew!! thank you I just wanted to make sure that my concerns are valid granted a lot of my high pressure is when I'm on my back but sometimes no matter what a person does I roll over on their back thank you again so much
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2013, 03:23 PM)me50 Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 03:15 PM)RonWessels Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 11:32 AM)me50 Wrote: I sure hope that I don't have those high settings all the time or I may have to get another sleep study.

Umm, why? If the AutoSet pressure range is successfully treating your OSA, why have another sleep study to confirm what you already know?

There are several things that happen in a sleep study. Mostly, we here concentrate on Apnea, but a sleep study will also identify abnormal sleep patterns not caused by Apnea. When Apnea is present, it will identify whether it is Obstructive Apnea, Central Apnea, or a combination of both. And finally, with a CPAP titration, it will determine a fixed pressure that seemed to successfully treat your OSA. That one night. In a strange environment. In whatever sleep position(s) you happened to be in.

With an Auto-CPAP machine, the titration is useful for setting your initial pressure range. But thereafter, the machine should keep you at your optimal treatment pressure. You do need to monitor the data to see if you are hitting any of your pressure range limits, but other than that ...

Another sleep study b/c my first study showed the pressure at 12 was recommended and with the auto set, it appears that most of the time I am at pressure 20 which is the maximum so what if I need a higher pressure than 20? Does this make sense? I hope it does b/c if 95% of the time on an auto set, I am on pressure 20, I may need a different kind of machine that allows for higher pressure?????

sleep was worse last night than the other 2 nights. many leaks and not rested at all. not sure why the leaks are higher. may try changing out the tubing (seal is a new one) and see what happens and will keep a log of when I change positions to see if that sheds light on the subject. have a great day all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2013, 11:32 AM)me50 Wrote: I slept 7.3 hours total. I started out on my right side so I could see how things looked sleeping on my side. Later I switched to my left side so I could see the data sleeping that way. Then I switched to my back. I used the machine from approx. 9 PM until approx. 1:15 AM and then I got up and stayed up until about 3:15 AM and went back to sleep and woke up at around 6:38 AM. I downloaded the info and surprise!! At least last night, my pressure was above the setting I had on my s9 Elite most of the night. I also noticed that it was lower when I was sleeping on my side as opposed to sleeping on my back (no surprise there for me).

The data shows the following:

Apnea index: obstructive .2; central .1; unknown .0; hypopnea .2; AHI .6;

Leaks median 0.0; 95% 0.0; maximum 2.4

so, not bad except my pressure was much higher than the 12 set pressure I was using for 2 years. I don't think I woke up every 2 hours and I certainly did not get up every 2 hours. I am going to watch my pressure over the next 2 weeks and I hope that it goes down from what it was last night. There was some snoring but it never went to the highest snoring sound and barely to the medium sound. So, I will watch and see but all in all, I felt safer knowing that most of last night I was above the 12 pressure setting and that is probably why I was not sleeping well. I sure hope that I don't have those high settings all the time or I may have to get another sleep study. I don't know if I need to check and see if I need to do the overnight pulse oximetry test to see if I need oxygen as well. Any thoughts on this? I had a sleep study in April 2011 and I am not sure how often they are needed to monitor things. My previous DME did not watch me very well that is for certain.
Thanks for all of your support!!

I am new.....in my 6 day and it sounds like I have the same equipment as you. How do you read the Data? Not too sure what any of it means! Do you know of a place on these forums or net where that is explained?
Post Reply Post Reply

I am new.....in my 6 day and it sounds like I have the same equipment as you. How do you read the Data? Not too sure what any of it means! Do you know of a place on these forums or net where that is explained?
[/quote]

You would need to download either ResScan or Sleepyhead or both. If you go to the main page of this forum and scroll down to the very bottom, there are links for both software. If you can't find it, let us know and I will see if I can find the links and post them.

With my S9 Elite, it would show me the stats each day but with the autoset, I have to see it in the software. All it tells me each day is how many days I was compliant and the total hours I used the machine. [/i]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 432 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.