Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Leak displayed on S9 Elite
Resmed Leak displayed on S9 Elite
I have been searching this forum and Resmed sites to find out what is displayed as Leak in Lpm on the S9 Elite. Is it intentional leak only, through the mask vent holes, unintentional (mask leak) or total leak, intentional plus unintentional. I have been reading leaks of 38 to 41 Lpm with Resmed swift fx and Quattro Mirage masks since I got this new machine. Sure would appreciate a definitive response.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Leak displayed on S9 Elite
I believe it is total leak.

Have you gotten the clinician manual yet?

I just glanced through it and it doesn't say what it is. Given that they keep it simple, I would assume total leak so no one has to do math.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi steveh,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2013, 12:51 PM)steveh Wrote: I have been searching this forum and Resmed sites to find out what is displayed as Leak in Lpm on the S9 Elite. Is it intentional leak only, through the mask vent holes, unintentional (mask leak) or total leak, intentional plus unintentional. I have been reading leaks of 38 to 41 Lpm with Resmed swift fx and Quattro Mirage masks since I got this new machine. Sure would appreciate a definitive response.
Unlike other machines report total leak ... ResMed machines does the calculation by subtract intentional leak and reporting unintentional leak
(mask plus mouth leaks), for this reason you've to select the type of mask you,e using as different masks have different vents leak rate (intentional leak). ResMed consider leak at or below 24 L/min acceptable leak, higher leak rate may affect the accuracy of the reported data so good idea to maintain leak below the red line in ResScan leak graph. Chinstrap can helps to remind us keep mouth closed and minimize mouth leaks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 30 4 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 151 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.