Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP service manual for Remstar plus
CPAP service manual for Remstar plus
I use a Remstar plus M series CPAP. I live in Asuncion Paraguay. When I plug my machine into an outlet the lights start to blink and I get a service required message but no error code. If I repeat plugging in the machine enough times it will work and provide air flow.

I live in Paraguay and there is no service provider here I am looking for a service manual to see if I can fix it myself. Does anyone have one that could send me in a pdf file?

Or perhaps you have experienced this problem and can suggest a remedy. Many thanks. R Goldberg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP service manual for Remstar plus
Robert, this problem is beyond the scope of the clinicians manual and in the repair manual category. I'm not an electrician, but sense the problem may be the current, amps, voltage- whatever applies- is not right. I would first buy a good surge protector and try again. An alternative would be to try an uninterruptible power source, plug that in the socket and run the machine off that. You can always use a good surge protector, and if the UPS didn't work return it to the store for a refund. Good luck, please keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
A 'surge protector' will only help with spikes, etc. A "UPS" will *condition* the current, will help with 'sags', spikes, and more. If lights ever dim or flicker, a good UPS is needed to run 'fragile' electronic devices ( a washer or refrigerator is not 'fragile') but a CPAP or a computer is. Power "sags" can do real damage - even at my home here in OHIO/US my voltage often sags down to 105-107 volts.

Like Skyler above, I too wonder if this is more a power issue than a machine issue.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Robert
Ensure the power cord plug fully inserted in the machine and check power cord for signs of damage or maybe faulty wiring in wall outlet, plug the the machine in different room to see if its the case

Its cheaper to buy another machine than spending money on repairs especially "Remstar plus M series" is not data capable machine and outdated model. Not sure of CPAP prices in Paraguay but if its anything as our prices then you would save heaps buying from US, prices lots cheaper
Supplier #10 and #2 ship internationally
Supplier List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Here is what to buy and what to avoid ... Archangle:Machine Choices
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks to all of you who have taken time to respond to my query. I really appreciate your input. Bob Goldberg
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Robert,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2013, 04:01 PM)robert goldberg Wrote: Many thanks to all of you who have taken time to respond to my query. I really appreciate your input. Bob Goldberg

Please let us know what you learn? I for one would like to know if it ends up being the machine, or the power grid?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you recently dropped or tilted the machine when it had water in the humidifier?

A "service" error message usually (but not always) means water damage.

Was it working prior and now it is not? Is this the first time you have plugged it in?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,936 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 250 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,228 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 381 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.