Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abrupt change in AHI
RE: Abrupt change in AHI
(10-26-2013, 08:55 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Last night was my first night with my new mask (new replacement of the same mask). My leak rate dropped to 0.3L/s and while I didn't wake 'refreshed', neither did I struggle to get up like I have for the last number of weeks. Plus my AHI and AI dropped back to my norms of less than 10, and 2.

Hello Peter_C,

I also spent the night with a new mask. My number are now back down to my previous low levels.

Cheers, VegasPier
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to bed early, 9PM, with my equipment hooked up and running good. In short order I was out there in la-la land (REM) and having a great dream, when my wife and dog jumped into bed around midnight. I was "rudely" awakened and never did get back to where I was. My AHI numbers went of mid 2s, to 14, teaching me there are other factors present in getting a good nights sleep.

(10-25-2013, 10:26 PM)VegasPier Wrote:

I have been using a s9 Autoset since January of this year. Up until a month ago my AHI was what I considered great; normally less than 5 with only a few excursions above that figure.
Now for the last two weeks I've been peaking at 50+ occasionally. Does anybody have any idea of what is going on? Is the machine malfunctioning? The high AHI and snore numbers seem to peak together when the pressure is at the upper limit of 15. I've reset it to 20 for tonight.

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers, Vegaspier

Post Reply Post Reply
The main reason full face mask is chosen, having a deviated septum and nasal passage blockage. Full face mask allow you the option of breathing through your nose and/or your mouth without any compromise to your treatment

Each type of mask have pro and cons, use whatever works best and feel comfortable. I went through half dozen of masks, there,re always coming up with new masks but don,t have the money to try them
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
If any of the events were noted during a high leak event, then they may or may not have actually happened. If you are feeling no different, then they probably did not. You would notice since it is such a huge difference in numbers.

You can try a simple homemade chin strap for a few nights to see if it helps. Take an "ace" bandage and wrap it from chin to top of your head, much like the old pictures of folks with the mumps. You want it tight enough that when you relax, your mouth does not open but you want it loose enough that you can still chew with effort. You want to be SAFE.

Try this for a few nights to see if the AHI and leaks drop. If they do, then there's the problem. Then you can invest in a better chin strap. They make some really good ones now. The one I tried eons ago was a single strip that stayed on about two minutes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 43 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,715 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 368 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.