Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Colds and steroid use
Colds and steroid use
What are you guys doing for colds? Last year, I was using OMNARIS (steroid nasal spray) with my swift FX and I had to change the pillows a lot. I don't know if one thing had anything to do with the other. My nose seems a little more open with this mask but If I get sick, I need something and I don't want to back to sprays, but I have allergies too. Do you just switch to a full mask if you get sick or too stuffy?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Colds and steroid use
(11-12-2013, 06:19 PM)bareablesleep Wrote: Do you just switch to a full mask if you get sick or too stuffy?
Some find full face mask more comfortable but I keep using the nasal mask even with stuffy nose, take few deep breath as put the mask on and crank up humidifier does helps together doing sinus washes before bedtime

This is good topic, would get the attention it deserve in the main forum

Post Reply Post Reply
I use sinus rinses and just treat the symptoms. And give it time. I abhor any kind of steroid so rarely take those in any form.

When sick with nasal whatever, I turn the CPAP humidifier up a bit, set up my desktop humidifier, use nasal rinses each morning and before I go to bed (and during the day if I feel it will do any good), and treat the symptoms. If absolutely miserable type of cold, I take those "knock me out now" medications like theraflu or nyquil. Then I just sleep it out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You might try a little "aromatherapy" - a tiny amount of eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief or cotton ball near the air inlet of your machine. Eucalyptus is great for opening up your pipes, but it's also poisonous if taken internally. So only use a tiny amount, and don't put the hankie too close to the inlet. You can also inhale it directly, but again, be careful not to overdo it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal swelling/congestion after 3~5 hrs with CPAP, will steroid nasal spray work? ronragus 7 1,307 03-17-2022, 10:04 AM
Last Post: hegel
  CPAP causing colds/sinus infections?? Decoy Dave 4 838 01-11-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Decoy Dave
  Do steroid hormones improve apnea and/or sleep quality? VisitorX 2 636 11-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  less colds using CPAP Slim1950 2 1,411 12-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Beej
  cpap and colds somnia16 16 3,473 09-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Last Post: mikeindc
  Colds and Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 7 3,265 12-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Neti Pot - Not just for those annoying colds SuperSleeper 31 18,125 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.