Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Humidifier Water
RE: Hunidifier Water
The theoretically "correct" answer is to dump daily, doubly so if you're using tap water.

I dump the distilled water weekly when I clean everything. I never see any residue or slime in my tank.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
there are so many opinions even fights over this me im a teeter totter

there are some unproven cases of horrible problems i found on another forum that could be caused by anything

the things to consider tank life regular depending on town state even country

my town huge lime and chemical problems so distilled is safety for me i get sick off tap water and have to drink distilled

my area wal mart 89 cents a jug so i use it

im on Medicare so everything is swapped out but i like mine clean

tap water can be kept shiny vinegar it will clean haze on tank any build up and vinegar is a great sanitizer

a repair provider shop told me that and 50 50 water vinegar if really bad make vinegar higher

i bounce on opinions

but my care my routine every day or other day depending on how i feel i clean my tank with that solution

if i even remember once in a while my tube my tubes get changed by Medicare every 3 months

for the most part 3 months is good for tubes unless sick

my mask i mainly just wipe it down with a dry rag i keep specially for cpap sometimes i use a tiny drop of soap and then wipe off with water

i always use a pollen extra fine filter on my machine i have bad allergies

and i wipe my whole machine weekly if not more inlets outlets filter area im so anal i tooth brush all the cracks my broke 3 year old looks brand new lol

a doc on here in another post made a good point your putting what you breath into your lungs

exception i have has sleep shops in my area say hair and other crap get caught and turned to phlegm balls

our body's do a good amount of filtering on there own

so its your choice what makes you happy and settles your mind
"You're only lonely if you're not there for you."
-- Phil McGraw
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes, laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me. You see, I've been to hell and back so many times, I must admit you kind of bore me."
- Ray LaMontagne
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All, just got my ResMed H5i humidifier over here in the UK on the NHS, I was told to use 'boiled tap water' and replace it daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 02:30 PM)Sabre1.8Ti Wrote: Hi All, just got my ResMed H5i humidifier over here in the UK on the NHS, I was told to use 'boiled tap water' and replace it daily.
Welcome aboard
I do the same thing, distilled water is not readily available in my neck of the wood Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Water
Hi Sabre1.8Ti,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2013, 07:54 AM)justMongo Wrote: There's another side of the coin to distilled H2O. Very pure water which is usually designated by its resistivity is highly reactive.
So called 18 Meg water is used in industrial processes such as making semiconductors. Highly pure water is actually an electrical insulator.
I know of one multi-terraWatt flash x-ray machine that uses water as the insulator in its coaxial charge line.

Point being, tap water may leave deposits; but very pure water can dissolve metal.

justMongo,

I am curious. How does very high purity water become reactive? What makes it more reactive than less pure water?

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Tap water will work in a pinch for me, since I am out of distiller at the moment.Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rogerkoger1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the hosehead array. Happy PAPing.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Water with nothing dissolved or suspended in it has more capacity.

I am not making this argument.

No one has shown a positive reason for needing the special water.

The tank is washable and replaceable.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.