Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen level
RE: Oxygen level
(11-24-2013, 08:38 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Paula is correct and I can say from actual experience with my logging oximeter that
by the time you wake up the event has already passed.
That is how I was able to tell how bad I was doing while asleep when I first became supicious of having apnea.
Start out with the right equipment. It wont be cheap but you don't need to go overboard either.
Give your Walmart device to a jogger so they can check on their oxygen debt because that's what it is good for.
Wink
Now I have been on APAP a bit more than a year and I also use a dental appliance as well.
(You probably didn't want to hear that, did you...)

Good Luck and keep trying!

ResMed has an oximeter you can plug into the ResMed S9 which records and puts the data on your data card. Get your doctor to order it for you. I imagine ins will pay if you have a problem with O2 levels.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for the reasoned and documented replies! This board is a great resource. I'm looking to order a monitor that records.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a CMS-50D Plus and have used it 2 nights. The included paper instructions are so awful they are funny. I did discover that the vendor has decent instructions online, but have not read them yet.

I have no trouble keeping it on, because I use paper medical tape to my finger. I apply the tape so it does not increase the pressure on the finger, but just keeps it from falling off.

So far I like my readings. Going to try it while meditating an see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should see a lowering of your heart rate during meditation, but not sO2sats. If you do, you are not meditating, you are sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 86 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 682 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.