Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OXIMETER - Does this look Normal
OXIMETER - Does this look Normal
Hi all - I just got an oximeter and have used it for the last 3 nights - do these readings look normal ? Cause I still feel tired.
Any input would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OXIMETER - Does this look Normal
Nothing too obvious to me.

If you zoom in on those spikes down to low O2 levels, you may find they're bogus readings caused by moving or something. If the O2 level drops enormously in a few seconds, or if the line changes from blue to gray, it's bad data.

Even a real apnea doesn't drop your O2 level much in a few seconds.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two events, one at 10:15 and one at 12:30 which may be more than noise, but the rest is noise and nothing else. The two events read as normal suspension of breath common in the slide down to sleep and the first phase changes of sleep and are not significant in any way. Nothing here to be alarmed about. I suggest you use it for a few days to get used to it and to learn to understand the pattern of significant and noise events, and then only use it to check every few weeks or months or if you are getting more tired in the day again.
Post Reply Post Reply
All I know is that those look much better than mine ever do!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,216 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 211 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 416 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 672 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.