Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed VPAP Adapt is a great machine!
RE: ResMed VPAP Adapt is a great machine!
I too have the VPAP Adapt. I also get a 0 for AHI. However I also get filled with so much oxygen into my stomach and throw up oxygen often when I get up or in the middle of the night. This is my third machine and it works the BEST but how to reduce swallowing or oxygen overload as it is painful and uncomfortable. Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Patrice,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
One thing you might do is to make sure your machine is lower than your bed.
Hang in there for more suggestions to help you deal with the air in your stomach which is called "aerophagia." I think there are some threads here on the board dealing with "aerophagia."
Best of luck to you with your CPAP/VPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2014, 05:52 AM)goodonya Wrote: hello DeepBreathing, It is a choice of one or the other as near as I can tell so I better make Resmed work.. smiles.. The suppliers ads are a little odd. I see there is an S9 Adapt that has a backup rate.

Does your machine have that? Is it useful? I will start another thread on that question. My old machine would just stop pumping air if I stopped breathing. This was a scary experience for me to wake up and be all in mask and nothing happening and then I would breathe.

I kind of had the idea that stopping breathing was kind of a fatal eventuality but maybe I don't know all I know. I wonder how many people they find dead with their mask on and machine turned on.

Call me a dummy, but I wish I knew what the differences are of the APAP, VPAP and the BIPAP??? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2014, 11:05 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: Call me a dummy, but I wish I knew what the differences are of the APAP, VPAP and the BIPAP??? Thinking-about

An APAP is an Automatic Positive Airway Pressure machine that regulates the pressure automatically according to the person's needs. The VPAP and BiPAP are different names for the same thing. I was told that BiPAP came out as a trade name so ResMed had to call theirs something different, ergo Variable PAP. The machine gives one lower pressure during the exhalation phase to reduce the feeling some people have of being smothered. At least that is my take.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 569 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 314 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,144 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.