Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No insurance
RE: No insurance
(01-07-2014, 06:59 PM)pumpkln Wrote: " I am currently going to school, not working and have no insurance."

With the ACA you may qualify for a subsidy, or Medicaid. You will want to check your options.

Good luck,

can single people with no children get Medicaid? That would be great if you and cece can get it
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2014, 05:38 PM)PollCat Wrote: Check out (Google) the American Sleep Apnea Association. They have programs that may be of help to you.
http://www.sleepapnea.org/resources/cpap...ogram.html

Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]

can single people with no children get Medicaid?
[/quote]

Yes, single people below poverty level can get Medicaid.
Post Reply Post Reply
Find out if you’re eligible for Medicaid
https://www.healthcare.gov/do-i-qualify-for-medicaid/

http://www.medicaid.gov/
Post Reply Post Reply
What me50 said with regards to sleeping in a chair (recliner) is a very good suggestion, till something better comes along. My dad passed away in '61. I'm sure he had OSA, but back then hospitals didn't know what they know now about sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
PA is a state that has not expanded the ACA for medicaid recipients so unless you make under about $250.00 a month you likely will not qualify for medicaid. Unless you have some unpaid medical bills or some other chronic condition, etc. You can check your eligibility at Compass and you can even apply on line. I am not in Philly so I couldn't tell you exactly what might be out there but here in the Allentown area they have a clinic run by the hospital, Lehigh Valley Clinic, and they will offer much reduced or free medical care to people who can afford it and are uninsured, they will also assist you in applying for medical insurance if they believe you are eligible. You ca check them out at LVHC They may even be able to help point you in the correct direction if you don't or can't drive out that far. I hope that information is helpful to you.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,514 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,854 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,573 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Question on Sleep Study and Insurance mawaw1992 11 904 10-29-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.