Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has Anyone seen or tried ResMed's New Pillow Mask
RE: Has Anyone seen or tried ResMed's New Pillow Masi
Nope! I was scared the first time I did but have returned several masks and had no problems in doing so, so I wasn't really worried about not liking the mask. For me, paying the shipping if I decide to return it is worth not dealing with a DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 06:28 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(01-16-2014, 10:43 AM)eviltim Wrote: Judging by my first night, very good. I am a side sleeper and often have to "rearrange" my pillow so the mask isn't shooting air at it. The air stream is almost imperceptible on this mask. And my leak numbers were solid. It seems like an improvement over the Swift FX although I am concerned about the headgear getting stretched over time.

I am puzzled how this mask fits without being 'adjustable'. Does the mask itself come in different sizes? I've used the Swift FX for Her for over 3 years and like it above any others I've tried. But I would like a mask that had different air flow like this new one seems to have.

GrammaBear there is a video on the resmed website that shows how you move the straps closer or farther apart to adjust it. Weekly washing shrinks it back normal size. My DME is sending me one next week... I am excited to use one...

EvilTim I am hoping that it will lower my leakage numbers too!
Post Reply Post Reply
I received the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask two days ago, and love it. My favorite mask by far. It is very light and easy to clean. They redesigned the exhalation vents so I don't feel air constantly blowing on me all night. That was a problem I had with the Swift FX. I didn't purchase the "for her" version, but probably will next time. Resmed tells me there is a difference in frame size between the two, but according to [Supplier #1] specifications, the frame size is the same - the pillow sizes that come with each are different. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

I removed the direct web address for the supplier from your post and inserted the link to the Supplier List. Per Apnea Board Rules, the only commercial links or web addresses allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. If you'd like to refer to the web address of a specific online CPAP Supplier (DME or Durable Medical Equipment retail store), please read our instructions on how to do that - guidelines are placed on our CPAP Supplier List (link at the top right of our forums).
Thanks for your understanding.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 09:47 AM)cherylvcruz Wrote: I received the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask two days ago, and love it. My favorite mask by far. It is very light and easy to clean. They redesigned the exhalation vents so I don't feel air constantly blowing on me all night. That was a problem I had with the Swift FX. I didn't purchase the "for her" version, but probably will next time. Resmed tells me there is a difference in frame size between the two, but according to [Supplier #1] specifications, the frame size is the same - the pillow sizes that come with each are different. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I feel a little bit silly to be so excited over the possibility of a new mask for my cpap machine Smile I did order the AirFit P10 from Supplier #1 and hopefully I will like it as well. The one thing I was surprised at is the fact that at present, there aren't any replacement short tubing available for this mask. Supplier #1 said they expect the company will probably notice that and stock them, but as yet they aren't available.

I have a dumb question but here goes: why does the price for these masks vary so much from place to place? When I order a mask from my DME the price on the EOB is way over what the online supplier charges even with shipping and handling.

Post Reply Post Reply
My *guess* is DMEs got 90% of their $$ from insurance companies, and online vendors get a much larger percentage of cash buyers.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 08:24 PM)ChadIAm Wrote:
(01-16-2014, 06:28 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(01-16-2014, 10:43 AM)eviltim Wrote: Judging by my first night, very good. I am a side sleeper and often have to "rearrange" my pillow so the mask isn't shooting air at it. The air stream is almost imperceptible on this mask. And my leak numbers were solid. It seems like an improvement over the Swift FX although I am concerned about the headgear getting stretched over time.

I am puzzled how this mask fits without being 'adjustable'. Does the mask itself come in different sizes? I've used the Swift FX for Her for over 3 years and like it above any others I've tried. But I would like a mask that had different air flow like this new one seems to have.

GrammaBear there is a video on the resmed website that shows how you move the straps closer or farther apart to adjust it. Weekly washing shrinks it back normal size. My DME is sending me one next week... I am excited to use one...

EvilTim I am hoping that it will lower my leakage numbers too!

My computer must be 'on holiday' because when I type in the browser 'resmed' - all I get is a blank page. I was hoping to view the video as I received my new mask today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been using mine for two nights now. I was a little confused over what size pillows to use, so for the first night I went with the medium, which fit snugly into my nostrils but started to irritate them after four hours. Still, for the first time ever my AHI was zero.Smile

Second night I used the large. They seemed too big, but they worked fine and eliminated the irritation problem completely. Wore them all night. (BTW, I'm an active sleeper and had no problem keeping the pillows in place all night).

The tension of the pillows is easily adjusted by the way you position the straps on your head. For a loose fit, pull them both down as low as they can go on your head. For anything more, separate them to adjust the fit.

All in all, this is the best mask I've ever used. Very pleased.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed while setting my new up that the short hose does not swivel like the Swift FX short hose does. Has anyone noticed that this makes any difference in their comfort?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2014, 07:23 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I noticed while setting my new up that the short hose does not swivel like the Swift FX short hose does. Has anyone noticed that this makes any difference in their comfort?

None at all to me, and not having to deal with the jet blast of air coming out of the vents is a definite plus for the new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't swivel? Is it fixed in a downward position?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 974 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,811 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 236 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,089 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 309 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 503 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 400 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.