Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed erases SD card data
RE: Resmed erases SD card data
Just got a new computer with Windows 8.1 and sure enough, my S9 erased the card the first time I moved it to the computer and back to the machine. When I go to the doctor next week, I will surely be strongly advised not to mess with the machine. I hope the lack of compliance records don't affect my Medicare payments.

Has anyone found a way to write the data stored in SleepyHead or ResScan back to the card? If not, I suppose I will take a printed copy of my SleepyHead and/or ResScan report when I visit the doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 04:59 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Has anyone found a way to write the data stored in SleepyHead or ResScan back to the card? If not, I suppose I will take a printed copy of my SleepyHead and/or ResScan report when I visit the doctor.

Nope. I think Windows 8.1 time stamps the card. Whatever it does I have not been able to get the data back into the machine.

For my visit I plan on using the "darned if I know what happened Doc, the damx cat was on top of the machine and the card popped out and when I went to put it back in................" Maybe that'll work.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was under the impression that the S9 stored 365 days of compliance data internally. You could use the machine for a year with no card, and as soon as the card is inserted and formatted: all that compliance history is written to the SD card.

The only thing you've lost is the most recent 7 nights High Resolution Flow Data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 09:08 PM)c0reDump Wrote: I was under the impression that the S9 stored 365 days of compliance data internally. You could use the machine for a year with no card, and as soon as the card is inserted and formatted: all that compliance history is written to the SD card.

The only thing you've lost is the most recent 7 nights High Resolution Flow Data.
and 30 days of detailed data. detailed data written directly on the card (not stored by the machine)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 09:08 PM)c0reDump Wrote: I was under the impression that the S9 stored 365 days of compliance data internally. You could use the machine for a year with no card, and as soon as the card is inserted and formatted: all that compliance history is written to the SD card.

So...assuming the machine stores data somewhere other than on the card, and the card got erased because Windows 8.1 corrupted it with a time stamp, then how can I get the machine to write the history back to the card?

I'm missing something here... One night I left the card out of the machine and that night remains is a blank spot in both ResScan and Sleepyhead.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if "the dog ate it" would satisfy anyone. One other thing I would add as a must do that I learned from a forum member named Elliot, is to be sure to power the S9 down before removing SD card. It gets a little scary when it comes to compliance data, so maybe your DME can help you. At least in my case, they are the ones to read my card and send the compliance data to Medicare. Hopefully the are nice and helpful, like my guys, and will get you through this.

I was really glad once I met compliance requirements so I could quit worrying about all this stuff. One thing pretty sure, even though I use Rescan, I think the same problems don't occur in Sleepyhead. Sleepyhead also backs up your data every time you open it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 07:17 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: I'm missing something here... One night I left the card out of the machine and that night remains is a blank spot in both ResScan and Sleepyhead.
As far as I know, once you insert the card in the machine:
Resscan ... display statistics and summary data but no detailed data as detailed data written directly on the card (not stored in machine internal memory). SleepyHead ... does not show any data if detailed data missing

data on machine/card http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 07:17 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: So...assuming the machine stores data somewhere other than on the card, and the card got erased because Windows 8.1 corrupted it with a time stamp, then how can I get the machine to write the history back to the card?

I'm missing something here... One night I left the card out of the machine and that night remains is a blank spot in both ResScan and Sleepyhead.

You can't get it back. The detailed data (as opposed to summary, or compliance data) is the the SD card's reason for being. It gets to have it, the ResMed machine does not get to have it. Therefore, if it does not get written to the SD card, or is erased, it's plum gone.

(02-03-2014, 07:44 PM)drgrimes Wrote: I wonder if "the dog ate it" would satisfy anyone.

Actually, a blessed event occurred: Resmed released their own on line software for their users. The software is really not good for much, but can offer us a nice hiding place for when we screw up our cards. We can now tell the Doc's that it isn't our fault, we were just trying to do what Mr. Resmed told us to do.

(02-03-2014, 07:44 PM)drgrimes Wrote: I think the same problems don't occur in Sleepyhead. Sleepyhead also backs up your data every time you open it.

The problem occurs during the mount process in Windows 8.1. It is not related to whether or not you actually run any program. Once you put it in the machine, you're done.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 10:17 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 09:08 PM)c0reDump Wrote: ...
and 30 days of detailed data. detailed data written directly on the card (not stored by the machine)

Thanks for correcting me!

Also noting that the manual says to disconnect the S9 from the power outlet before ejecting the SD card so drgrimes and Eliot are correct about that.

Jimzzzz: If you have the ResScan software, you should be able to generate a report to see if you at least have the compliance data saved on the card. Whatever you do, DO NOT use the "Erase Data" function found in the S9 menus -- that will delete all the data on the card AND internally stored in the machine itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have the problem of erasing the card some times ago, old computer and dodgy card reader. Since got a new laptop with card reader slot, never seen the problem again, the machine just read the card
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 411 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.