Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Full Sleep Test for CSA
Full Sleep Test for CSA
Hi
Last Friday I went to my sleep unit because I was having issues with my machine when she checked the data and noticed that I was having multiable CSA. So now I am waiting for a full sleep test to check out what is going on with my sleep apnoea. Hopefully it should be in the next mouth before I get the test and a night in hospital. Then I should get the right machine to treat my CSA & OSA then I might be less tired in the daytime. I am luckily that if I get one day a week where I dont have a nap during the day.

I know that part of it my fibromyalgia plays a part.
Dee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Sleep Test for CSA
You'll eventually get there Dee, it just takes time, try to be patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DeeNJai,
Good luck to you with your next titration.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 04:50 PM)DeeNJai Wrote: I know that part of it my fibromyalgia plays a part.
Dee
Also some pain relief drugs with opiate plays part too, talk to your doctor if you have been prescribed such drugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I am on tramadol, celebrex, mirtazapine, citialopram, gabapentin and a few other things to keep control of my FM.
Dee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 04:50 PM)DeeNJai Wrote: Hi
Last Friday I went to my sleep unit because I was having issues with my machine when she checked the data and noticed that I was having multiable CSA. So now I am waiting for a full sleep test to check out what is going on with my sleep apnoea. Hopefully it should be in the next mouth before I get the test and a night in hospital. Then I should get the right machine to treat my CSA & OSA then I might be less tired in the daytime. I am luckily that if I get one day a week where I dont have a nap during the day.

I know that part of it my fibromyalgia plays a part.
Dee

I am curious what your data shows each day. I am also wondering why your pressure is set wide open.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I have my full sleep test next Tuesday. I have stopped using the machine now so that they get a good reading. I have looked at the data with encore basic and the average pressure was at 90% of the time was 8.8 this was 115 days data.
Dee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 09:46 AM)DeeNJai Wrote: Hi
I am on tramadol, celebrex, mirtazapine, citialopram, gabapentin and a few other things to keep control of my FM.
Dee
Tramadol is type of opiate pain reliever, tell your sleep doctor that you,re taking such drugs.

Central sleep apnea http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...n-20030485
Drug-induced apnea. Taking certain medications such as opioids — including morphine sulfate (Ms Contin, Avinza, others), oxycodone (Oxycodone HCL, Oxycontin, others) or codeine sulfate — may cause your breathing to become irregular, to increase and decrease in a regular pattern, or to temporarily stop completely.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2014, 04:40 AM)DeeNJai Wrote: Hi
I have my full sleep test next Tuesday. I have stopped using the machine now so that they get a good reading. I have looked at the data with encore basic and the average pressure was at 90% of the time was 8.8 this was 115 days data.
Dee

Why do you think that you need to stop using the machine before the sleep test? How do you think it will effect the results?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 77 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 208 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.