Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still tired after a year...
RE: Still tired after a year...
From my own experience, just using the machine has helped a lot. But I have also benefited from

A) Sleeping longer by going to bed earlier and

B) Sleeping alone in bed.

Both cases are rare for me but I have noticed a positive difference the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I think 'napping' is fine if you need it. However, creating good sleep patterns means sleeping in bed, always, and no falling asleep in front of the TV. If you create good patterns, and follow them faithfully you can get to a point that even if not 'sleepy', you can fall asleep within minutes of putting on your mask.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Ive been tired for years not knowing that I have had sleep apnea and now using cpap. I didnt think it was working. I am still tired but just today had a revelation after reading report from Resscan that I had a bad night due to trying a new mask like 15 obstructions. After the 8 hours with it on I took it of and didnt feel like getting up. So i layed there and fell back asleep when I did get up after 3 more hours of sleep my face felt tired. I realized that the day before I thought i looked younger and had a glow in my face as I looked in the mirror. I had a great night with no AHI events at all that night. I had only slept 7.5 hours. Ok so the moral of the story is I now no Cpap is helping me if I can keep the AHI numbers at 0.
On another note a week ago i stopped taking medication for high blood pressure which was making me really-really tired.
Post Reply Post Reply
I start on Thursday for the first time and my sleep patterns have always been pretty much without patterns.

Sleep when I am tired or get the chance; awake when I feel like it or must.

Interesting to see if xPAP changes that.

Thanks for all of the help here folks.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
The first night in auto mode my API was still in my average range I'd say--3.4, with an average pressure of 10.55. Last night was probably one of the lowest API's i've had at 1.74(only one lower in the last 90days was a 1.34) with an average pressure of 10.45.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 07:28 AM)gilligan Wrote: Last night was probably one of the lowest API's i've had at 1.74(only one lower in the last 90days was a 1.34) with an average pressure of 10.45.

Nice! I'd like to take at a look at the software for the auto-capable machines when running in CPAP mode. There is probably a comment like this:

// Patient is about to have an Apnea event, I can fix this if I just
// increase the pressure +1. However, dimwit prescription has
// me locked in, so I'll just record the fact that this happened and track
// how long the patient goes without breathing with no action on my part
Post Reply Post Reply
I do tired some. I even try to cat-nap some. But I don't do tired like I used to do tired. I no longer fall asleep behind the wheel of the car on my trip home from the post office. That's a good thing. I don't ever even get very drowsy when driving. That too is a good thing. What I do however is yawn like crazy at those times when before I would have been driving off into the field, failing to slow down enough to enjoy the wildflowers. That's a funny thing, yawning.

So, maybe not perfect yet, but a heck of a lot better than it used to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gilligan, you are obviously a DEVELOPER....

...since instead of AHI you have API.

--
HerbM
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Something aint right, but how do you find out what, down to a good doctor and remembering, the buck stops with you.
At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still having seen much change in the day time sleepiness as I need a daily nap as I will end up crashing if I dont have a nap for more than a couple of days. Hopefully when I have my sleep test and get the right machine then I might see an improvement in sleepiness. I have have CSA & OSA.
Dee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 37 4 hours ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 186 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,969 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 176 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 131 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.