Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Cpap User In need of Help
New Cpap User In need of Help
Ok I am hoping to hear from some 0ne as I am leaving this week I just was diagnosed with Sleep apnea 4 months ago my insurance covered the testing but they are refusing to cover the cost of a C pap Unit and I have been fighting with them ever since I manged to get a unit now the Issue is I have a E 31 code and I have looked at the manuals to clear it and cant find how to I need it repaired but I am getting ready to leave for a month for traning for a new job so I am hoping that I can find some one that can repair or provide me with the parts so I can repair it or bring it with me and repair it while Im out of state where im at

The unit is a REM Star Pro the humidifier is a round tank that sits on a separate unit the Code is a e31 from what I can find out its a Defective E Prom and the main PCA needs to be replaced so I am looking for a PCA
I will be in HOT springs AR later this week and there for a month
any help would be Great
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Cpap User In need of Help
Hi Irish Medic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Irish Medic, welcome aboard
REMstar error codes http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

Suppliers #27/28 does CPAP repair but might be cheaper to get anther machine. Supplier #2 for sell gently used machines, some people find cheap machines from Craiglist. Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
MAchines choices http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2014, 01:05 PM)Irish Medic Wrote: Ok I am hoping to hear from some 0ne as I am leaving this week I just was diagnosed with Sleep apnea 4 months ago my insurance covered the testing but they are refusing to cover the cost of a C pap Unit and I have been fighting with them ever since I manged to get a unit now the Issue is I have a E 31 code and I have looked at the manuals to clear it and cant find how to I need it repaired but I am getting ready to leave for a month for traning for a new job so I am hoping that I can find some one that can repair or provide me with the parts so I can repair it or bring it with me and repair it while Im out of state where im at

The unit is a REM Star Pro the humidifier is a round tank that sits on a separate unit the Code is a e31 from what I can find out its a Defective E Prom and the main PCA needs to be replaced so I am looking for a PCA
I will be in HOT springs AR later this week and there for a month
any help would be Great

why did your insurance refuse to pay for a cpap machine? did you buy a used machine? how many hours are on the machine you have?

Hopefully someone will have suggestions for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok there are 428 Hours on the used unit Insurance is saying that they will not and do not cover durable medical equipment
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 01:04 AM)Irish Medic Wrote: Ok there are 428 Hours on the used unit Insurance is saying that they will not and do not cover durable medical equipment

take a good look at your policy. I don't know where you live but it is unusual for an insurance company to not cover DME, especially when they pay for the sleep study.

Post Reply Post Reply
To not cover durable medical equipment is highly unusual. That means they would not cover wheelchairs, crutches, braces, oxygen units, glucose meters, CPAP units, etc.

Since you are in a rush, your best bet is Supplier #2 and deal with the stupid insurance when you get back. The Respironics machines are fairly low cost. If you get the insurance to get you a machine later, you have a back up.

Check this for what machine to get:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had to buy a machine w/o insurance coverage even though it generally covers CPAPs (failed sleep study, I posted my "story" elsewhere on this forum).

Out of desperation, I went on eBay and found an F&P Icon Auto with only 36 non-resettable hours for $300!

It is an excellent machine for the price, and I would have actually paid more than that with insurance coverage as the DME prices these things sky high and my policy only covers a portion of the cost.

Admittedly I was lucky. eBay does not allow CPAP machine sales so sales listing are removed when found.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 470 2 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,044 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.